Upload Files From Flash MX with ASPNet

Jim Lewis

I need to upload files to a Web server from Flash MX. Flash does not
have the ability to upload files. I have an example that uses a PHP
page in the back ground to upload files
http://www.yamago.net/components/ I can not use PHP (nor do I want
too) and need to do this with ASP.Net.

I have created an ASP.Net page that uploads files using the
htminputfile control. I need to use this page in the background and
upload files from Flash MX. Anybody have any idea on how I could
accomplish this?

Regards,
Jim Lewis

bruce barker

your example just uses a <input type=file>. flash cannot upload because it
does not have access to the disk, it can only display uploaded files.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

| I need to upload files to a Web server from Flash MX. Flash does not
| have the ability to upload files. I have an example that uses a PHP
| page in the back ground to upload files
| http://www.yamago.net/components/ I can not use PHP (nor do I want
| too) and need to do this with ASP.Net.
|
| I have created an ASP.Net page that uploads files using the
| htminputfile control. I need to use this page in the background and
| upload files from Flash MX. Anybody have any idea on how I could
| accomplish this?
|
| Regards,
| Jim Lewis

Jim Lewis

You are correct Flash can not upload files because it does not have
access to the disk. However, Flash MX can use JavaScript which can
open access to the disk. The example uses JavaScript to access the
disk and send the file to a PHP page which in turn sends the URL of the
file to Flash. I need to do the same scenario with ASP.NET. However,
you can not submit to a page in ASP.Net so I do not know what I can do
to accomplish this task. Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Jim Lewis