    Does anyone has an example perhaps

    greetz akasha
    , Jan 23, 2006

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 23 jan 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I want to upload files to a server with asp.
    > But the problem is that the server where my asp website stands is a
    > different server then where my upload files must go.
    >
    > Is there a way to accomplish that.
    > Does anyone has an example perhaps

    A strange question.
    You will need some code on the destination server.

    It's like:
    I want to go to the market in a Rolls-Royce,
    but I have only a Jaguar.

    Did you consider an <iframe>?
    Or perhaps a server to server connection?
    [however thse do not fulfill your requirements]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jan 23, 2006

  3. With only guessing as to what's preventing you from doing it, as you didn't
    indicate what it is, here are some thoughts or options:

    1. Some upload components allow impersonation, and with that, you can
    authenticate against a share on the other server and write files to it.

    2. You could change the site/app/page from using the default IUSR_ to using
    a domain account that has rights to the share on the other server.

    3. You could use basic authentication on your site and give your users
    rights to the share on the remote server.

    4. You could run a process on the server in the background that monitors a
    temporary storage directory on the local server and moves the files to the
    remote server

    There are actually many different things you can do, but perhaps you can
    tell us what's preventing you from doing it now. Are you getting some sort
    of an error with some sort of code?

    Ray at work

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Jan 23, 2006
  4. Patrice Guest

    What kind of network link do you have between your two servers ? You could
    save the file to a network share for example...
    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 23, 2006

    i already have a script and that works fine
    but i can't upload to a network

    is there a way to upload files to a network with asp
    , Feb 1, 2006

    that means
    my asp files are running on server A
    but the files that i want to upload must go to server B
    , Feb 1, 2006
  7. Chianti Guest

    Does the files need to be on the server B instantaneously? Or can the
    information be transfered from server A to Server be x amount of times per
    day. You can upload to server A (Server with code) to a folder that has
    replication on it and set it to replicate to server B "x" amount of times
    per day if you do not need it to be on Server "B" instantly. This way you
    dont give any access to Server "B" to the users, if Server "B" must be
    secure (The only reason I can think of why you want it on Server "B")

    Chianti, Feb 1, 2006