Upload files

SalamElias

Hi,
I have a page where I allow some people upload to one directory some images.
What is the best praéctices or what permissions I should grant (IUSR...,
everyone, aspnet.......) so my logged users (using forms not NT
authentification) can upload to one directory and not others.
I was obliged to give everyone all rights on the directory as well as right
privileges on the Virtual directory in IIS snap to be able to load an image
without the error directory permissions.
Thanks in advance

[MSFT]

Hello,

To allow form authenticated user upload files to a IIS server, you can
create a additional application pool ( I assume you work with IIS 6 and
..NET framework 1.1), and set the application pool's indetity as a
particular local account who has enough permission to access your local
file system. In this way, you don't need to grant everyone, only the
particular user.

Here is an article about how to upload a file in ASP.NET, hope this help:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q315832

Luke