Upload huge file size: "The page cannot be displayed" browser error

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:53:08, seen in Tom Dyess
I believe .jsp is a Java Server Pages extension, while .js is a JavaScript
extension.

JS: http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=JS
JSP: http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=JSP

Dr John, unless you want to be considered adept at being a prick AND a dolt,
maybe you should discover the difference between a .js extension and a .jsp
extension before you shoot your condescending mouth off.

I feel sure that it must be better to be a prick than to be an arse; but
you seem to be an expert on the latter.

If you had been paying due attention to what I had posted - the article
was quite short - you would have seen an attribution line much like that
which heads the body of this article; it includes "seen in

If you had been paying proper attention to where the article had been
posted, you would have observed that it was posted to all three of
comp.lang.java.programmer, alt.html, comp.lang.javascript.

If you had been paying attention to where your article was being posted,
as is your duty and also is a precaution against folly, you would have
observed that it was going to all three of comp.lang.java.programmer,
alt.html, comp.lang.javascript.

My signature (repeated; and you ought to know better than to quote
signatures, except when discussing them) might have given you at least a
clue to where I might have been reading the article.

Hunt : if you wish to be considered an adept user of News, one whose
judgement may be trustworthy, you should pay due attention to such
matters.

ISTM that you have, by your own efforts, been what I believe is termed
"shafted". A grovelling apology would be in order.

By the way, you are also a windbag.

Virgil Green

Mark Parnell said:
Previously in comp.lang.java.programmer,alt.html,comp.lang.javascript,

That would be in the headers, where it was crossposted to
comp.lang.javascript (among others).

That's not "in the discussion". That's where the question was asked... in
three newsgroups where one would likely find experienced web developers. The
OP never intimated that the issue was specific to Java, HTML, or JavaScript.

- Virgil

Tom Dyess

Dr John Stockton said:
JRS: In article <[email protected]>, dated
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:53:08, seen in Tom Dyess

I feel sure that it must be better to be a prick than to be an arse; but
you seem to be an expert on the latter.

If you had been paying due attention to what I had posted - the article
was quite short - you would have seen an attribution line much like that
which heads the body of this article; it includes "seen in

What's your point? You were being a shit to a new guy.
If you had been paying proper attention to where the article had been
posted, you would have observed that it was posted to all three of
comp.lang.java.programmer, alt.html, comp.lang.javascript.

How many times are you going to attempt to eloquently say the same thing?
You were being a shit to a new guy.
If you had been paying attention to where your article was being posted,
as is your duty and also is a precaution against folly, you would have
observed that it was going to all three of comp.lang.java.programmer,
alt.html, comp.lang.javascript.

Duty? C'mon, you're really laying it on thick now. You were being a shit to
a new guy.
My signature (repeated; and you ought to know better than to quote
signatures, except when discussing them) might have given you at least a
clue to where I might have been reading the article.

You were being a shit to a new guy.
Hunt : if you wish to be considered an adept user of News, one whose
judgement may be trustworthy, you should pay due attention to such
matters.

I'm not really interested in what you think of me. I didn't reply for your
admiration. You were being a shit to a new guy.
ISTM that you have, by your own efforts, been what I believe is termed
"shafted". A grovelling apology would be in order.

Yes, you should apologize for being a shit to the new guy.
By the way, you are also a windbag.

I've got more. I'll have a pint.

Michael Winter

Please learn how to post before doing it again.

[snip]
You [JRS] were being a shit to a new guy.

The OP is not new. There are several posts from the individual in both
cljs and ah. I haven't subscribed to cljp in a long time so I don't know
the OP is to be considered "new" there.

[snip]

Now that's cleared up, can this thread die? The OP was incorrect on either
count[1]. I very much doubt the mistake will happen again, so must this
argument persist?

Mike

[1] Posting to the wrong groups or confusing Java and Javascript.

Harish

Yeahhh...signature my a#%....some idiots will do anything to increase their
web traffic and page ranks! i pitty them: infact flames like this is what
they just need...to get quoted and quoted again!! look at the post Dr. made,
looks like he just read the X-posts headers and decided to fire away!

Randy Webb

Harish said:
Yeahhh...signature my a#%....some idiots will do anything to increase their
web traffic and page ranks! i pitty them: infact flames like this is what
they just need...to get quoted and quoted again!! look at the post Dr. made,
looks like he just read the X-posts headers and decided to fire away!

Are you actually as stupid as your post implies you are? Or are you just
trolling and trying to find somewhere to argue? The idea of John
Stockton needing to increase web page traffic borders on insane. It is
referenced by more people than John Stockton alone. It is directly
referenced from the comp.lang.javascript FAQ.