    and save it on the server.

    Thanks,
    Richard
    RichB, Mar 14, 2008

  2. On Mar 14, 12:45 pm, "RichB" <> wrote:
    > I have an application which I am building using the Flickr API.  From the
    > API I can get the URL of image files stored on the Flickr servers.
    >
    > I'm not really sure where to start with this, can someone point me in the
    > direction of some resource which will help me to get the file using the URL
    > and save it on the server.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Richard

    Take a look at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httprequest.aspx

    Paulo Santos
    http://pjondevelopment.50webs.com
    PJ on Development, Mar 14, 2008

  3. RichB

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Richard,

    As Paulo suggested, you can use the WebRequest components in .NET framework
    to access web page(or download file from web location). HttpWebRequest is a
    common webrequest component for downloading http resource. There is also a
    more encapsulated component called "WebClient" which make downloading more
    convenient. Here is a simple example of downloading a web image to local
    disk file:

    ============
    private void btnDownload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    WebClient wc = new WebClient();

    wc.DownloadFile("http://www.asp.net/App_Themes/Standard/i/logo.png",
    @"e:\temp\logo.png");

    }
    ============

    here are some other articles & threads mentioned using webrequest or
    webclient to download web resource:

    #Download And Upload A File Using C#
    http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=115

    #download image using webrequest and store it in hard disk
    http://forums.asp.net/t/1224738.aspx

    Hope this helps some.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    ications.

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng, Mar 17, 2008
  4. RichB

    RichB Guest

    Thanks both of you, I havetaken a look at HttpWebREquest/Response, and prior
    to this email had implemented OK using this, however Steven's solution is so
    much tidier than I had, so have used this..

    I have now gone on to use CSharpZipLib to zip the files and transfer to the
    client using the HttpResponse object.

    Thanks
    Richard

    RichB, Mar 19, 2008
  5. RichB

    Steven Cheng Guest

    Hi Richard,

    Thanks for your reply and inform us this.

    Best regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    .

    --------------------
    >From: "RichB" <>

    <>
    >Subject: Re: upload multiple image to server from remote server
    >Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:44:50 -0000
    >
    >Thanks both of you, I havetaken a look at HttpWebREquest/Response, and

    prior
    >to this email had implemented OK using this, however Steven's solution is

    so
    >much tidier than I had, so have used this..
    >
    >I have now gone on to use CSharpZipLib to zip the files and transfer to

    the
    >client using the HttpResponse object.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Richard
    >

    >""Steven Cheng"" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Richard,
    >>
    >> As Paulo suggested, you can use the WebRequest components in .NET
    >> framework
    >> to access web page(or download file from web location). HttpWebRequest

    is
    >> common webrequest component for downloading http resource. There is also

    >> more encapsulated component called "WebClient" which make downloading

    more
    >> convenient. Here is a simple example of downloading a web image to local
    >> disk file:
    >>
    >> ============
    >> private void btnDownload_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
    >> {
    >> WebClient wc = new WebClient();
    >>
    >> wc.DownloadFile("http://www.asp.net/App_Themes/Standard/i/logo.png",
    >> @"e:\temp\logo.png");
    >>
    >> }
    >> ============
    >>
    >> here are some other articles & threads mentioned using webrequest or
    >> webclient to download web resource:
    >>
    >> #Download And Upload A File Using C#
    >> http://www.csharpfriends.com/Articles/getArticle.aspx?articleID=115
    >>
    >> #download image using webrequest and store it in hard disk
    >> http://forums.asp.net/t/1224738.aspx
    >>
    >> Hope this helps some.
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >>
    >> Steven Cheng
    >>
    >> Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
    >>

    >> Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and

    Please
    >> .

    >> ications.

    issues