Upload not happening!

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by raj, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. raj

    raj Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to develop a upload aspx form using the example and code
    provided at

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en=US;323245

    using the same code and example.... ! the objective i am trying to achieve
    is ...upload the files which are more than

    500MB files ...! I configured both the machine.config file and web.config
    files in the httpRuntime maxRequestLength
    for more than 1GB ...but still the upload doesn't happen . I am having a
    Windows 2000 Pro Workstation with Visual Studio .NET 1.0 and IIS 5.0 for
    development purpose with 256 MB RAM.

    Is there a limit for the size of the file which could be
    uploaded?

    Is there any better workaround for the same ?

    I am using asp.Net and visual Basic .Net and not familiar with any
    other .Net supported languages.. eg(C#,C++...etc).

    Can you people tel me what I am missing ???? And where Ia m going
    wrong????

    Thanks in advance ..!
    Raj
    raj, Jul 16, 2003

  2. raj

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    "raj" spoke:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to develop a upload aspx form using the example and code
    > provided at
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en=US;323245
    >
    > using the same code and example.... ! the objective i am trying to
    > achieve is ...upload the files which are more than
    >
    > 500MB files ...! I configured both the machine.config file and
    > web.config files in the httpRuntime maxRequestLength
    > for more than 1GB ...but still the upload doesn't happen . I am
    > having a Windows 2000 Pro Workstation with Visual Studio .NET 1.0
    > and IIS 5.0 for development purpose with 256 MB RAM.
    >
    > Is there a limit for the size of the file which could be
    > uploaded?

    The built-in ASP.NET upload functionality does not scale up to what you
    want to do. You'll need a custom implementation or revert to other means
    like HTTP PUT.

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss