Upload not working in FireFox

Velvet

I'm using the standard upload component in ASP.NET 1.1 to allow authors to
upload manuscripts to our server.

This is working fine except for some people using FireFox. The problem is,
the upload is working for MY fireFox browser so I'm unable to troubleshoot
and step through the code to see what is really going on. The is one
customer who has the same browser version as me and another who has an older
version.

I have told these people to use IE as a work around, but I would like to
know if there is a possible setting in FireFox that would prevent the upload
from happening. Has anyone else seen this problem and if so, do you know
what the cause is?

Thanks,
Velvet

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Velvet ,

Regarding on the fileuploading issue, I think it likely a client
environment specific issue. Have you confirmed with those customers that
their firefox's version is identical with those which work correctly?
Based on my understanding, since the ASP.NET's fileupload control just
encapsulate the html <input type="file" ..../> element, so I suggest you
also create a simple page which use the raw html element to upload file, if
this still not work, the problem is purely concerned with the client-side
browser.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Community Support