upload timout problem

Dean g

hi, i'm trying to upload some large files off my website to the server.
It works fine for small files but the large ones timeout.
i changed the timeout to 3600 secs using server.scripttimeout=60*60 but
this doesnt seem to help for some reason.
does anyone have any ideas on this, i would post some code but i have 4
pages worth just for the uploads. If theres a simple solution to this
that i'm missing i'ld appreciate your help

Thank you
Dean

Mark J. McGinty

Dean g said:
hi, i'm trying to upload some large files off my website to the server.
It works fine for small files but the large ones timeout.
i changed the timeout to 3600 secs using server.scripttimeout=60*60 but
this doesnt seem to help for some reason.
does anyone have any ideas on this, i would post some code but i have 4
pages worth just for the uploads. If theres a simple solution to this
that i'm missing i'ld appreciate your help

If you map a virtual dir indentical to the IISHelp virtual dir found under
Default Website (c:\windows\help\iishelp on my XP Pro box, but your mileage
may vary) and set the error handler for error 500;100 to the URL (not
"file") IISHelp/common/500-100.asp, it will give you more detailed error
information, which should include the name of the component that raised the
error.

ADO objects, for example, have an inherent timeout built into them. Many if
not most components intended for use under ASP also have this built into
them.

-Mark

Kyle Peterson

yuor not telling us the important details like what mnethod or component are
you using for uploading ?
if you are just using code that could be most of your problem