    that i'm missing i'ld appreciate your help

    Thank you
    Dean

    Dean g, May 10, 2005

  2. "Dean g" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > hi, i'm trying to upload some large files off my website to the server.
    > It works fine for small files but the large ones timeout.
    > i changed the timeout to 3600 secs using server.scripttimeout=60*60 but
    > this doesnt seem to help for some reason.
    > does anyone have any ideas on this, i would post some code but i have 4
    > pages worth just for the uploads. If theres a simple solution to this
    > that i'm missing i'ld appreciate your help

    If you map a virtual dir indentical to the IISHelp virtual dir found under
    Default Website (c:\windows\help\iishelp on my XP Pro box, but your mileage
    may vary) and set the error handler for error 500;100 to the URL (not
    "file") IISHelp/common/500-100.asp, it will give you more detailed error
    information, which should include the name of the component that raised the
    error.

    ADO objects, for example, have an inherent timeout built into them. Many if
    not most components intended for use under ASP also have this built into
    them.

    -Mark

    Mark J. McGinty, May 10, 2005

  3. yuor not telling us the important details like what mnethod or component are
    you using for uploading ?
    if you are just using code that could be most of your problem

    Kyle Peterson, May 10, 2005