upload very large files

Guest

Hi,
Can someone guide me how can I upload very large file say 10 MB using asp.net.
What is best way to do it to get best performance considering that there can
be 500 concurrent users to the site.
Also suggest that while uploading the file, there should not any script time
out. I know that we can change HttpRuntime.... and couple of other related
variables in machine.config file but I feel that IIS 6 resets itself in 180
seconds.

thanks,

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

asp.net also checks the upload size (closes connection when max size hit).
you need to bump up the limit. to handle more than 30 concurrent uploads,
will need to reconfigure iis and asp.net to support more threads. you should
be able to get to 200 concurrent uploads.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

I have done that as well, but what happens is that as soon as the number of
users reach more that 10, thigns go too slow and eventually all browsers hang
- not responding.