Upload with Firefox

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Lajos Kuljo, Feb 14, 2005.

  1. Lajos Kuljo

    Lajos Kuljo Guest

    Hi,
    I have a little application using lamp (Debian), which uploads files to
    the server:

    echo "<form name='upload' enctype='multipart/form-data'
    action='photo_document.php' method='post'>";
    echo "<br>File to upload:&nbsp;<input type='file' name='file'
    size='100'><br><br>";

    If I run this script in Firefox 1.0 or in Mozilla 1.7.3-5,
    $_POST['file'] gives me only the filename without the path, which is
    imho not compatible with the manuals. However in Konqueror 3.3.2 it
    works as it should, $_POST['file'] gives the full-path. Earlier versions
    of Firefox/Firebird worked OK (like Konqueror does).
    I just can't figure out, why it happens, and first of all, how can I
    repair this situation.
    Can somebody give me a hint?

    Lajos Kuljo, Feb 14, 2005

  2. Lajos Kuljo

    Oli Filth Guest

    Lajos Kuljo wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a little application using lamp (Debian), which uploads files to
    > the server:

    > echo "<form name='upload' enctype='multipart/form-data'
    > action='photo_document.php' method='post'>";
    > echo "<br>File to upload:&nbsp;<input type='file' name='file'
    > size='100'><br><br>";
    >
    > If I run this script in Firefox 1.0 or in Mozilla 1.7.3-5,
    > $_POST['file'] gives me only the filename without the path, which is
    > imho not compatible with the manuals. However in Konqueror 3.3.2 it
    > works as it should, $_POST['file'] gives the full-path. Earlier versions
    > of Firefox/Firebird worked OK (like Konqueror does).
    > I just can't figure out, why it happens, and first of all, how can I
    > repair this situation.
    > Can somebody give me a hint?

    If it's working correctly (I'm assuming we're talking about PHP here),
    $_POST["file"] shouldn't exist. File details will be in $_FILES["file"].

    --
    Oli

    Oli Filth, Feb 15, 2005