Upload xml file- HttpWebRequest

Rob

I'm trying to translate the following code in vb.net code to be used in a
web service. Really I can't understand well it. I would like to use
httpWebRequest but I don't know.... Do I have to use headers? How can I
translate the "requestbody" string?

The code sends an xml file and a command.

fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
xmlFile = fso_OpenTextFile(AJobFile, 1);
xmlText = xmlFile.ReadAll();

var boundStr = 'h8w95k20d9';
var boundary = '--' + boundStr;

var requestbody = [boundary,
'',
xmlText,

boundary,
'',
'0',
boundary
].join('\r\n');

xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
url='http://'+WODAddress+'/JTI';

xmlhttp.open("POST",url,false);
xmlhttp.setRequestHeader('Content-type', 'multipart/form-data; boundary="'
+ boundStr + '"');
xmlhttp.send(requestbody );

bruce barker

yes. its a standard browser fileupload. check the w3c specs to understand the
format:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/

or you can use webclient which has support for this (fileupload). just be
sure to set the content-type.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)