UploadHendler redirect

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by John Doe, Sep 27, 2004.

  1. John Doe

    John Doe Guest

    I developed UploadHandler as an implementation of IHttpHandler utilizing
    HttpWorkerRequest.
    Also, it implements standar notifications like OnBeginUploadFile,
    OnUploadProgress, OnUploadCompleted etc.
    UploadHandler client throws an exception from the event handlers if
    something goes wrong. For ex. user doesn't have the upload rights, file
    too big etc.
    UploadHandler then redirects to the appropriate page - success.aspx or
    error.aspx.
    For the most part it works just fine.
    The problem I'm having is the situation when client throws an exception
    in the middle of HttpWorkerRequest processing.
    The page UploadHandler is launched from just displays "The page can not
    be displayed" error and ignores HttpContext.Response.Redirect called
    from the handler.
    If HttpWorkerRequest is allowed to complete, redirection works.
    Finally the question - it there a way to regularly interrupt
    HttpWorkerRequest without the "The page can not be displayed" error?
    Thanks
    P.S. sorry if I posted to the wrong NG

    John Doe, Sep 27, 2004