uploading file into SQL 2005 using .asp

jo uy

Hi,

Anyone who can send me a sample code of how to upload a file into SQL 2005
server using .asp running on IIS 6?

I have a code that has been working when uploading into SQL 2000 but when I
do the migration to SQL 2005, it doesn't work anymore.

Thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

jo said:
Hi,

Anyone who can send me a sample code of how to upload a file into SQL
2005 server using .asp running on IIS 6?

I have a code that has been working when uploading into SQL 2000 but
when I do the migration to SQL 2005, it doesn't work anymore.

First, you need to define "upload a file". Are you talking about storing the
file in an image column in a table in the database? Or are you talking about
parsing a csv file and storing the data in separate columns?

Patrice

IMO just tell what is the message you have with the appropriate section of
code and telling us which exact line raises the error...

It could be also a configuration error, a sample could not do exactly what
you want (for example it's not clear if the upload problem arises between
the browser and the web server or between the web server and the database)
and even if it works you perhaps won't know what was wrong...

Bob Barrows [MVP]

jo said:
Hi,

Anyone who can send me a sample code of how to upload a file into SQL
2005 server using .asp running on IIS 6?

I have a code that has been working when uploading into SQL 2000 but
when I do the migration to SQL 2005, it doesn't work anymore.
Could everyone please follow up in .asp.db?