    but I can upload to drive c:
    any idea

    thanks
    jackson, Apr 1, 2005

  2. Hi,

    what do you mean by localhost. That's a virtual directory, mapping to some
    real one, e.g. http://localhost commonly maps to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot etc.
    Just make sure wherever you are uploading, ASP .NET has relevant permission
    to do so.

    Let me know if you need anything else.

    Thanks

    Joyjit

    Joyjit Mukherjee, Apr 1, 2005

  3. jackson

    Guest Guest

    Hello there,
    Yes what I mean by localhost is my virtual server which
    is located at C:\Inetpub\wwwroot etc. But once I upload
    my file to the particular path its always error.
    any idea?

    Guest, Apr 1, 2005
  4. Can you post back us what error / exception it throws ?

    Joyjit

    Joyjit Mukherjee, Apr 1, 2005
  5. jackson

    Mark Rae Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > But once I upload my file to the particular path its always error.

    There's very little point posting on a software support newsgroup saying
    that you're getting an error if you don't actually tell the group what that
    error is...

    E.g.

    I wrote a method in a C# class yesterday but it kept giving me an error. Can
    you tell me what that means and how I can fix it?
    Mark Rae, Apr 1, 2005
  6. It's probably a security issue.
    The ASPNET user account must have write permission to the folder.
    Or you can use impersonation to have ASP.NET run under a different user
    account that does have the necessary permission.

    For example, you can add a line similar to this to your web.config file:
    <identity impersonate="true" userName="domain\MyUserName">
    password="password"/>

    Here's more info on impersonation:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...-us/cpguide/html/cpconaspnetimpersonation.asp

    And here's another article that may help:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Apr 1, 2005
  7. jackson

    Jakson Guest

    Hi there,

    this is the error message:
    The statement has been terminated. String or binary data
    would be truncated
    I save it to the
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroo\myServer\uploadFolder\xxx.txt

    in

    Jakson, Apr 2, 2005