Uploading Files from Client

Guest

I know how to use the FileUpload control. But, my problem is that is loads
one file at a time and postsback.

What I am trying to accomplish is I have a grid and would like to user to
specifiy all the files that want to upload. And once they attached all files,
they would click the save button and then it would upload all the files.
Issue is the fileupload only contain one file to upload. Within the grid I
have the file path to each file. But, when I go save, obvious when asp.net
postback (using asp button for save event), the path is the client paths, but
the paths on the server side.

How can I load multiple files without having to have multiple fileupload
controls?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

short of an active/x control you can't. but you can do a UI that looks like
one. check out gmail, or hotmail attachment support for ideas.

hint: they use one file control, upload on click, then update a list on the
client. the user then commits after all files are selected.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)