Uploading files to the web server

Jason

Hi

I have this web application for an intranet. I would like to be able to
upload 1 or more files from the client machine. for example: the client is
working with 10 files and after he is done with this "batch" of files, those
10 files will be uploaded from the clients machine to a specified location
on the web server.

what would be the best way to approach this?

Thanks
Jason

Kevin Spencer

You have basically 2 choices.

HTML provides the "input type=file" HTML element which renders a box and a
Browse button for uploading a single file. You could get user input to
determine how many files are desired to upload, and then dynamically add
that many of these to the page, so the user can upload a single file in each
one. As you can see, this isn't the most convenient method, but it is the
simplest.

The other alternative is to create an ActiveX control that can upload
multiple files, an embedded Windows Form, or some other client-side
application that can be activated via the browser.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Jason

it seems i must use the first option.

client side installations are most undesirable!

Thanks for the help
possibly any other solutions??

Thanks again
Jason