    Event ID: 1003
    Date: 6/26/2003
    Time: 10:45:47 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: ROSIE
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2108) was recycled because it was suspected to be in a
    deadlocked state. It did not send any responses for pending requests in the
    last 180 seconds.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 1.0.3705.288
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1001
    Date: 6/26/2003
    Time: 9:54:35 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: ROSIE
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1532) was recycled because memory consumption exceeded
    the 306 MB (60 percent of available RAM).

    I'd set the following value on Web.Config, but it still doesn't work:
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="153600" />

    Anyone know how to go around this problem? The uploaded file size could be
    up to 150MB in size.

    Cheers
    Rosie Chua

    Rosie Chua, Jun 26, 2003

  2. I suspect that the upload is gobbling up the server's memory because the
    content isn't being flushed to disk as it streams. You might want to
    investigate a commercial upload component for this kind of task:

    http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=40&tabindex=2

    Ken

    "Rosie Chua" <> wrote in message
    Dear all,

    I am running an online file management server that allows web clients to
    upload files from a webform to the web server.

    Using the code
    "filename.PostedFile.SaveAs(fullPath);"
    I have no problem uploading file with size up to 25MB, but the page starts
    to create problem with any size above 25 MB - the error message displayed is
    "Server Unavailable" or occasionally it just dies off.

    I am running the web server using ASP.net framework 1.0 developed using C#

    In the Application Log of the machine's event viewer, I get these message:

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 26, 2003

  3. Rosie Chua

    Russ Bishop Guest

    You need a script or component that accepts the uploaded file and streams it
    to disk, rather than holding it in memory first. It would be fairly easy to
    write such a thing, using basic TCP sockets to accept the HTTP request, then
    the IO stuff to write it to disk.

    -- russ

    Russ Bishop, Jun 26, 2003
  4. Rosie Chua

    Russ Bishop Guest

    Sorry, I don't have the time to write the component for free. Besides, you'd
    learn a lot more by doing it yourself. I suggest doing some tutorials for
    socket programming on the web, then some for writing files. Combine the two.

    -- russ

    Russ Bishop, Jun 26, 2003