Event ID: 1003
Date: 6/26/2003
Time: 10:45:47 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ROSIE
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2108) was recycled because it was suspected to be in a
deadlocked state. It did not send any responses for pending requests in the
last 180 seconds.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: ASP.NET 1.0.3705.288
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 6/26/2003
Time: 9:54:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ROSIE
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1532) was recycled because memory consumption exceeded
the 306 MB (60 percent of available RAM).

I'd set the following value on Web.Config, but it still doesn't work:
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="153600" />

Anyone know how to go around this problem? The uploaded file size could be
up to 150MB in size.

Cheers
Rosie Chua

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

I suspect that the upload is gobbling up the server's memory because the
content isn't being flushed to disk as it streams. You might want to
investigate a commercial upload component for this kind of task:

http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=40&tabindex=2

Ken

Dear all,

I am running an online file management server that allows web clients to
upload files from a webform to the web server.

Using the code
"filename.PostedFile.SaveAs(fullPath);"
I have no problem uploading file with size up to 25MB, but the page starts
to create problem with any size above 25 MB - the error message displayed is
"Server Unavailable" or occasionally it just dies off.

I am running the web server using ASP.net framework 1.0 developed using C#

In the Application Log of the machine's event viewer, I get these message:

Date: 6/26/2003
Time: 9:54:35 AM
User: N/A
Computer: ROSIE
aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 1532) was recycled because memory consumption exceeded
the 306 MB (60 percent of available RAM).

I'd set the following value on Web.Config, but it still doesn't work:
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="153600" />

Anyone know how to go around this problem? The uploaded file size could be
up to 150MB in size.

Cheers
Rosie Chua

Russ Bishop

You need a script or component that accepts the uploaded file and streams it
to disk, rather than holding it in memory first. It would be fairly easy to
write such a thing, using basic TCP sockets to accept the HTTP request, then
the IO stuff to write it to disk.

-- russ

Russ Bishop

Sorry, I don't have the time to write the component for free. Besides, you'd
learn a lot more by doing it yourself. I suggest doing some tutorials for
socket programming on the web, then some for writing files. Combine the two.

-- russ