Uploading files

michela rossi

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I've got a Unix server inside our firewall
that contains a local version of a website. The live version of the
website resides on shared webspace elsewhere. We are frequently
updating the local website on behalf of a client, and so frequently
upload files using FTP.

My question is: does anyone know of a script we can run on the local
server that will automatically synchronise the live server with the
files on the local server i.e. will only update those files from the
local server that are out of date?

Please note that we cannot install any software on the live server.

Thanks for anyone's time,
Thanks, Michela.

Anno Siegel

michela rossi said:
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help. I've got a Unix server inside our firewall
that contains a local version of a website. The live version of the
website resides on shared webspace elsewhere. We are frequently
updating the local website on behalf of a client, and so frequently
upload files using FTP.

My question is: does anyone know of a script we can run on the local
server that will automatically synchronise the live server with the
files on the local server i.e. will only update those files from the
local server that are out of date?

Please note that we cannot install any software on the live server.

Why do you ask this question on a Perl forum?

Check out rsync.

Anno