uploading FOLDERS of images via .net

darrel

I've built a file upload tool that allows a person to upload an image file
and then have it be resized and then saved on the server.

I'd like to allow a person to also upload an entire folder of images as
well. Is that doable? This is for an intranet, so if the upload part isn't
doable, I could get by with having them drag files into a folder on the
server, which I could then 'watch' with the script. Any suggestions for
using .net to watch a folder and upon each new file a script being called?

The only problem with the latter is that I also want to check for duplicate
file names, which is easy to do on the individual upload, but wouldn't
really be doable on the watched folder.

-Darrel

Kevin Spencer

Anything is doable, given the right amount of time, creativity, and
resources.

An HTML input type=file form field can upload exactly one file. You can
upload multiple files by including multiple form fields, one for each file
to be uploaded, or upload them one at a time using a single form field. To
upload more than one more conveniently than that will require a client-side
app, such as an ActiveX Control or Java Applet.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

darrel

An HTML input type=file form field can upload exactly one file. You can
upload multiple files by including multiple form fields, one for each file
to be uploaded, or upload them one at a time using a single form field. To
upload more than one more conveniently than that will require a client-side
app, such as an ActiveX Control or Java Applet.

Hmm...how about this method:

Person uploads folder of images.

Person goes to upload page but instead of BROWSING to upload a file, they
choose an option like 'use photos in upload folder'. This would then set the
script to go through each file in the folder one by one.

Actually, I think this might be the best method, as then I could control
duplicate file names as it's processing each image one-by-one on the server.

So, anyways, what would be the best method to walk through a folder of
images. I imagine I need to use something like FSO?

-Darrel