Uploading large files with ASP.NET 2.0

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Munes, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Munes

    Munes Guest

    I have a requirement to allow authenticated users to upload large (up
    to 5mb) files to a Website.

    They will have the option to upload five files at a time, which could
    mean a total upload of 25mb. Users will be accessing the website over
    2mb broadband connections.

    Is the ASP.NET FileUpload server control the most efficient way to do
    this, or should I be using a Web Service and Client application to
    handle the upload, or may be use FTP from within ASP.NET.

    I have also seen a product for ASP.NET 1.1 by WebSuperGoo.com called
    ABCUpload.Net that they claim is a more efficient way to upload large
    files, has anyone had much experience with this product, and is it a
    better way to handle large file uploads.

    Any other suggestions would be welcome.

    Thanks.

    Munes, Jan 31, 2006