    and a file browse form box for the picture...

    many thanks

    ---

    xool, Sep 23, 2003

  2. xool

    xool Guest

    Thanks for that Ray, which 3rd party component would you recommend

    Cheers

    > http://www.aspfaq.com/2189
    > It doesn't matter if the files are pictures or any other kind of file.

    It's
    > just a file upload.
    >
    > Ray at work
    >
    > "xool" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me the simplest easiest way to upload pictures to a
    > > directory.
    > >
    > > It's for a content management page - text boxes for new record

    information

    xool, Sep 23, 2003

  3. xool

    Ray at Guest

    I personally use a pure VBScript "component" from
    http://www.aspzone.com/articles/john/aspUpload/. Using a scripting solution
    like this is quite slow though, and I'm sure I will give in one day. I just
    really hate using third party components. When I get extra motivated, I'll
    make my own component or purchase one. I don't know which one I'd go with
    though.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Ray,

    I'd say spare the pain and go with something like www.aspupload.com. The
    VBScript component makes a great teaching tool for inner workings of
    uploads, but for a few bucks I would use something that's fast.

    --
    Manohar Kamath
    Editor, .netBooks

    Manohar Kamath [MVP], Sep 23, 2003
  5. xool

    Ray at Guest

    Thanks Manohar. That's probably what I'll wind up doing, I'd imagine. Or
    maybe I'll just give in and redo everything in .net... I'll get right on
    that. ;]

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Sep 23, 2003
  6. Take a look at pureasp file upload, http://www.pstruh.cz It is free for up