    localhost, but need to upload to my remote server. Is it possible to do that
    through VS.NET or do I need to use an FTP program?

    jordan

    Jordan Marton, Aug 4, 2003

  2. | In VS.NET access the following menu.
    | Project => Copy Project

    This needs either FrontPage extensions or file share access, no FTP.

    WebMatrix has built-in FTP, VS.NET unfortunately no :-/

    -- Altair

    Michal A. Valasek, Aug 4, 2003

  3. There "ARE" frontpage extensions on my server, but I don't use them...

    What is the reccomended way of getting files to a remote server then if
    there is no included FTP? Also, what files do I need to copy? Obviously all
    the .aspx and .aspx.vb and the bin directory with my dll... But what about
    the .aspx.resx or whatever files?

    Jordan

    Jordan Marton, Aug 5, 2003
  4. | What is the reccomended way of getting files to a remote server then if
    | there is no included FTP?

    Microsoft obviously expects that everyone is using FP. Me not, therefore I
    am copying it by hand via FTP.

    | Also, what files do I need to copy? Obviously all
    | the .aspx and .aspx.vb and the bin directory with my dll... But what about
    | the .aspx.resx or whatever files?

    You need to copy only DLL, Web.Config, ASPX, ASAX, ASCX and ASMX and so on.
    You don't need any file with "doubled" extension ".aspx.vb etc.)

    --
    Michal A. Valasek, Altair Communications, http://www.altaircom.net
    Please do not reply to this e-mail, for contact see http://www.rider.cz

    Michal A. Valasek, Aug 5, 2003