Urge for help in a game programming

Discussion in 'C++' started by ume$h, Jul 18, 2006.

  1. ume$h

    ume$h Guest

    Four Win
    Description

    To program the play named "four win", the background board should
    consist of a lattice with 7 columns, into which in each case 6 stones
    fit. The playing field stands perpendicularly, so that a stone falls
    always widen-possible downward.
    The rules are :

    1. The goal of the Game is to place four stones in a row or column wise
    or diagonally as a first player.
    2. Each player receives 21 stones of his colour (pink/green).
    3. The green player begins.

    4. The player lets a stone fall alternating into a row.
    5. If no more places are in a row, then this may not be selected.
    6. Winner will be the player, who can accommodate first four stones in
    a continuous manner (horizontally, vertically, diagonally).
    7. If the backboard is full and there is no certain winner, then the
    play ends undecided.
    For a better understanding go to:

    http://www.kielack.de/games/fourwins.htm

    The program is to cover the following capability characteristics:

    · Play between two human players.
    · Play between a human and a computer player.
    · Play between two computer players.
    · Each player is to extend the abstract class ,,Player ", which is
    available on the practical course web pages for the Download.

    References
    · One can make Screenshots simply by pressing the key at the same
    time ,,pressure/print screen "and/or <Alt> and ,,pressure/print
    screen "(the screen and/or the active window copies as diagram into
    the intermediate file, so that these can be inserted in Word over
    Edit->Past as picture directly).

    · The aim for this program is to show as simple text edition as
    shown in the example TicTacToe (see C++ program
    simpleTicTacToe.cpp).

    · In the simplest case the computer player can make coincidental
    courses (see C++ program zufallszahlen.cpp (RandomNumbers). A more
    intelligent strategy for the computer player can be programmed
    according to the mini max algorithm (e.g. see.
    http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minimax_algorithm). An improved variant
    for this algorithm is the alpha beta search (e.g. see
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-Beta).

    ume$h, Jul 18, 2006

  2. "ume$h" wrote
    Four Win
    Description

    [snip assignment]

    Looks like a fun project. What have you done so far?

    --
    Randy

    R. Scott Mellow, Jul 18, 2006

  3. ume$h

    Richard Bos Guest

    "ume$h" <> wrote:

    [ Snip homework assignment ]

    Are you following a course on how to make yourself look a prat on as
    many newsgroups as you can?

    Furrfu.

    Richard

    Richard Bos, Jul 18, 2006
  4. R. Scott Mellow wrote:
    > "ume$h" wrote
    > Four Win
    > Description
    >
    > [snip assignment]
    >
    > Looks like a fun project. What have you done so far?

    Well, since the OP hasn't even decided for a language yet (comp.lang.c++ and
    comp.lang.c are mutually exclusive...) I don't think there is much code to
    view. Therefore, the right group for this is probably
    alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ - follow-up set accordingly.

    To the OP: please read the FAQ of that group before posting there (or,
    rather, in any group before you post there), it also features some info on
    homework assignments.

    Uli

    Ulrich Eckhardt, Jul 18, 2006
  5. R. Scott Mellow wrote:
    > "ume$h" wrote
    > Four Win
    > Description
    >
    > [snip assignment]
    >
    > Looks like a fun project. What have you done so far?

    Well, he's pasted his assignment into the Babelfish, selected "German
    to English" and clicked "Translate". Credit where credit's due ;-)

    tragomaskhalos, Jul 18, 2006
  6. In message <>,
    tragomaskhalos <> writes

    >R. Scott Mellow wrote:
    >> "ume$h" wrote
    >> Four Win
    >> Description
    >>
    >> [snip assignment]
    >>
    >> Looks like a fun project. What have you done so far?
    >>

    >Well, he's pasted his assignment into the Babelfish, selected "German
    >to English" and clicked "Translate". Credit where credit's due ;-)

    I _thought_ it looked suspiciously like "How to Spiel Halma" ;-)

    "This seemed to be pretty straightforward: At this Game 2 or 4 Persons
    can betake themselves and each of them wears a Colour and damn it, when
    2 Persons play, a big house with 19 stones, when 4 Persons play, he
    besets a little House with 13 stones. [Jennings took “damn it†to be
    an idiomatic way of saying that the real way to play this game is with 4
    Persons. Of course, if you must you can play with 2 Persons, but, damn
    it, it's a pretty poor show. His friend insisted that damit means with
    that or therewith, but this didn't seem to make any more sense.]"

    http://omf.blogspot.com/2005/03/how-to-spiel-halma.html

    --
    Richard Herring

    Richard Herring, Jul 19, 2006
  7. You need to visit comp.lang.a for a game programming questions.

    Anna NotTelling, Jul 22, 2006