    System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (413) Request
    entity too large: start-line too large.

    How to resolve this problem?
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFlIExpbQ==?=, Jul 10, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWFlIExpbQ==?=

    Joerg Jooss Guest

    Thus wrote Mae,

    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm using WinXP Pro with IIS 5.1, and my program in ASP.NET C#, I
    > encounter a problem with my program running locally.
    >
    > Below is the error message: -
    >
    > System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (413)
    > Request entity too large: start-line too large.
    >
    > How to resolve this problem?

    What exactly are you doing? Can you post the code that breaks?

    Cheers,
    --
    Joerg Jooss
    Joerg Jooss, Jul 10, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TWFlIExpbQ==?=

    Guest

    You may need to add something like this in web.config..but i'm unsure
    if this is the issue due to the "start-line too large". What are you
    doing when this error happens?

    mb

    <system.web>
    <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="1048576" executionTimeout="3600"/>
    </system.web>

    Mae Lim wrote:
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I'm using WinXP Pro with IIS 5.1, and my program in ASP.NET C#, I encounter
    > a problem with my program running locally.
    >
    > Below is the error message: -
    >
    > System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (413) Request
    > entity too large: start-line too large.
    >
    > How to resolve this problem?
    , Jul 11, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFlIExpbQ==?=

    coolraj4u

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    The remote server returned an error: (413) Request Entity Too Large

    solution:

    Execute the following command on the Sever.

    >cscript adsutil.vbs set w3svc/1/uploadreadaheadsize 26240000

    and make sure you also have the following in the web.config...

    maxRequestLength="2097151"

    You can choose the size as per the size of the file you wanna upload...
    coolraj4u, Aug 18, 2007