URGENT: AJAX November CTP deployment problem

Bratislav Jevtic

Hi,

I've just installed Ajax November CTP, changed app according to instructions
and I am (was) satisfied. Next step - deployment to server.

I'm receiving error:
Message......: Request for ConfigurationPermission failed while attempting
to access configuration section 'system.web/deployment'. To allow all
callers to access the data for this section, set section attribute
'requirePermission' equal 'false' in the configuration file where this
section is declared.

Source.......: System.Configuration

Stack trace....: at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String
configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String
configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean
getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object&
resultRuntimeObject) at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey,
Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission) at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey) at
System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.GetSection(String
sectionName) at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptManager.GetDeploymentSectionWithAssert() at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptReference.IsDebuggingEnabled(ScriptManager
scriptManager) at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptReference.ShouldUseDebugScript(String releaseName,
Assembly assembly, ScriptManager scriptManager) at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptReference.GetResourceName(String releaseName,
Assembly assembly, ScriptManager scriptManager) at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptReference.GetUrlFromName(ScriptManager scriptManager,
IControl scriptManagerControl, Boolean zip) at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptReference.GetUrl(ScriptManager scriptManager,
IControl scriptManagerControl, Boolean zip) at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterScripts() at
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() at
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Inner exception: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the
permission of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission,
System.Configuration, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed. at
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand,
StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) at
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at
System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CheckPermissionAllowed(String
configKey, Boolean requirePermission, Boolean isTrustedWithoutAptca) The
action that failed was: Demand The type of the first permission that failed
was: System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission The Zone of the assembly
that failed was: MyComputer

Base exception.: Request for the permission of type
'System.Configuration.ConfigurationPermission, System.Configuration,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' failed.
I created new web app just to check have I done something wrong but I'm
still receiving error.

I cannot find useful info on web.

HELP! What shell I do now?

It looks like configuration problem so I believe my ISP will be willing to
do some tuning.

Thanks in advance,
Jevta

Geert van Raaij

Try removing "trust level="Medium" from your web.config. It worked on my computer ;-)

greetz Geert

mc

Geert said:
Try removing "trust level="Medium" from your web.config. It worked on my computer ;-)

greetz Geert

I don't think that is a workable solution to this problem, Microsoft
have recently recommended that Shared hosts configure the servers at a
machine.config level to only support medium trust level sites.

I'm with brinkster, who have just applied this patch/config update after
identifying a security hole in the existing configuration. It is causing
significant problems to a large number of the hosts users.

MC

Bratislav Jevtic

thanks Geert,

I've already tried that. No success. Moreover, I cannot override trust
level - lack of permissions.

MS wrote in specification that this version of Ajax's dll must be in GAC. I
asked my ISP to install it but they have policy "no custom products on
server because requests may be endless".

Therefore, I removed Atlas.