URGENT: ASP.Net and Windows Media Player Compoennt

Mustafa Rabie

Hi All,

I have a customer, who wants me to add online radio to his web site.
1) How can i add the media player object to the site
2) How can i dynamically change the url when i user clicks on a link to
another radio station?

thanks a lot for your help appreciated
Mustafa Rabie

Kevin Spencer

Based upon your questions, I would recommend hiring a programmer to do this
for you.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

Eric

Mustafa said:
I have a customer, who wants me to add online radio to his web site.
1) How can i add the media player object to the site
2) How can i dynamically change the url when i user clicks on a link
to another radio station?

Do some google searches for "streaming media".

Mustafa Rabie

Based on your understanding to the questions, i should you should go see an
english teacher, or a doctor.
Well i am asking since i tried using it the SAME WAY I USED IT ON THE WIN32
WINDOWS APPLICATION THAT I HAVE DEVELOPED and it didn't work the same way.
I dont think it's a problem that i wouldn't be a good ASP.NET developer as
EXCELLENT i am in Win32 development.
I didn't know that the GOD of ASP.NET WAS CALLED Kevin Spencer. It's not
cause you know something then you start making fun at people instead of
leading them. No one in this world knows everything. I think this news
group was made for experinced people in a certain field help out people who
are new or still novice in the field, not for people like you treating
others in that insulting and humiliating way.

THANKS FOR NOTHING

Kevin Spencer

Hi Mustafa,

Sorry I made you angry. Desktop apps don't work in much of ANY way like web
applications. A web application is a much more complex app than a
single-user desktop app. And streaming media on a TCP/IP network is not
something for the inexperienced to do. Windows Media Player is a single-user
desktop application. It isn't designed to act as a server for multiple
Internet clients.

Your question indicated to me that your level of experience with Internet
appliications, HTML, and HTTP were lacking. Assuming that you are an
experienced programmer, you could probably teach yourself to write a web
application with streaming media in a matter of months (at best, assuming
that you're very intelligent). If you have that much time to please your
boss, well and good. Otherwise, you may need some help.

Note that in your original message, you said nothing about your being a
programmer, or having any programming skills. I simply suggested the
quickest alternative to going through the whole learning curve, and risking
your boss's wrath. I did not disparage your skills as a programmer; I had no
knowledge of them.

In other words, I was trying to help you. I won't make the same mistake
again.

--
Kevin Spencer
..Net Developer

Mustafa Rabie

Hi Kevin
No harm done, it's ok i should have noted that i am a windows developer and
wanted to know how to port my application to web.
Thanks for your help anyway.

Mustafa