    http://www.hightechtalks.com/archiv...ehaving-differently-on-different-systems.html)

    this problem needs to be urgently solved...

    thanks for ur time

    Zahid, Dec 15, 2005

  2. From the way you're describing it, your friend is not accessing the same
    page/link. You might verify that you are accessing the same web
    application.
    --
    Christopher A. Reed

    Christopher Reed, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Zahid

    Zahid Guest

    Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    hello Christopher,

    thanks for your reply,

    what im doing is copying the whole asp.net solution to his computer and
    running it from there from visual studio. so we are both running and viewing
    the same page. the problem is that when viewing it on his computer, some of
    the labels are not getting filled. i went into debug mode on his pc, and
    traced the program. in the code, the label is getting the correct text set
    but when the page loads, the label shows up empty.

    do u know what could be the possible reason that the label shows up properly
    on my pc and empty on his? is it because his pc maybe missing some bug
    patches from windows update?

    Zahid, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    Zahid, is the directory of your friend's PC set up as a virtual directory in
    IIS?

    Jose

    Jose Rodriguez, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    One thing you might look at is to verify whether or not your HTTP handlers
    are set up correctly. Are you using ASPX or do you have custom file
    extension for your web pages? If it's not ASPX, then a handler for your
    custom extension needs to be added to the machine.config file. If it is
    ASPX, then you need to verify that this is in your machine.config file.

    Another possible source of problems is your directory structure. Is the
    structure identical between the machines?
    --
    Christopher A. Reed

    Christopher Reed, Dec 16, 2005
  6. Zahid

    Zahid Guest

    Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    Yeah Jose, it is setup as a virtual directory.

    Zahid, Dec 17, 2005
  7. Zahid

    Zahid Guest

    Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    Christopher,

    in the machine.config file, i searched for aspx and found a line in the
    httphandlers section and *.aspx was being handled by PageHandlerFactory (as
    it is in the my other system that is working properly). also the directory
    structures of the application on the two systems are the same since i copied
    directly from my system. i also checked it again and they are the same.

    right now im just uninstalling vs.net and iis and then reinstalling them.
    lets see if that will solve the problem.

    Zahid, Dec 18, 2005
  8. Zahid

    Zahid Guest

    Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    i found out the problem. the page is being loaded twice and that is messing
    up how the code is running. because the code is designed to operate properly
    when the page is only loaded once (like it should). i tried to find out the
    reason why it is being loaded twice and didnt find it yet. on the internet, i
    saw some pages asking to check for the AutoEventWireup property being false
    and mine is already false but the page is still loading twice. and the
    problem is for the same code, in the "good server" (as we were mentioning
    before) the page gets loaded once. but in the other pc, the page is being
    loaded twice, that is whats causing the problems. if i could get it to load
    once, that would solve the problem.

    Zahid, Dec 19, 2005
  9. Zahid

    Zahid Guest

    Re: URGENT - ASP.NET Labels and LinkButtons behaving inconsistentl

    in another page that was controlling the navigation, there was a code that
    Set the Cacheability to NoCache. i just commented that code and now the page
    is only loading once. and that solved the problem. thanks for the help guys.

    Zahid, Dec 19, 2005