URGENT:ASP_0147|500_Server_Error

Khaled Omar

We get this error occasionaly in the IIS logs, we can't
figure out the reason, we checked
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109
and it didn't help, when we visit the page with HTTP
friendly error messages unchecked we get page can't be
diisplayed error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff Cochran

We get this error occasionaly in the IIS logs, we can't
figure out the reason, we checked
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2109
and it didn't help, when we visit the page with HTTP
friendly error messages unchecked we get page can't be
diisplayed error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Okay, how about helping us then? Start by telling us what version of
IIS/Operating System. Then tell us whether or not you finished that
page you reference, especially the part that says:

"If (4) is what happens, open Internet Services Manager, go to the
home directory tab of your default web site or application, click on
configuration, go to the Debugging tab, and make sure "Send detailed
error messages to the client" is selected. Click Apply/OK/OK etc. to
get out of there and try your page again."

And then...

"If you are still getting errors like 'page not found' then go into
Internet Services Manager, right-click Default Web Site, choose
Properties, and on the Home Directory tab, click the Configuration
button. On the App Debugging tab, make sure "Send detailed ASP error
messages to client" is selected."

Tell us if you ran the IIS Lockdown tool or are using a personal
firewall or anti-virus program that blocks scripts. Tell us if this
error you "occasionally" get is always the same page requested. Tell
us if you've successfully tested a "Hello World!" ASP page.

Then, maybe we can tell you someting useful.

Jeff

Guest

okay :)
Windows 2000 server,IIS V5
Yes both options are checked, Please notice that we don't
always have the case in our hand, i.e. we are not always
able to open the browser and check the page.
This error occurs to the same page and other pages as well.
If there is something that is blocking the script will it
block it sometimes and other times not?
images and htmls are served normally.

Thanks