Urgent!!! C++ Developers for Australia

Discussion in 'C++' started by vam, Jun 11, 2007.

  1. vam

    vam Guest

    VAM SYSTEMS is a Business Consulting, IT Technology Solutions and
    Services company with operations in UAE, Qatar, USA, Australia,
    Singapore & India.
    VAM SYSTEMS currently looking for C++ Developers for our Australia
    operations with the following skill set and terms and conditions:
    Skill Set required:
    C++

    · Minimum 3-5 years of industry experience of 3 years developing in C+
    + (not C).
    · During the 3 years the candidate must have used STL, written
    threaded servers, and worked with a RDBMS (SQL Server Sybase, oracle).
    · Candidate must come from a top University with a first class degree
    in Computer Science, Physics, or related Math's or other analytical
    degree.
    STL

    · In STL, the candidate must display where and why a specific
    container should be used.
    · Must show an understanding of the underlying implementation of most
    common containers. Provide practical examples of where he/she applied
    this knowledge.
    · The candidate must have clear knowledge of all pitfalls and
    performance criteria linked to all commonly used aspects of STL.
    Textbook knowledge will not be sufficient.
    THRThreading

    · Candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of threading.
    Various thread models, implementations, and a specific OS
    implementation (NT, Solaris, or POSIX on UNIX). Must have applied
    these skills in a high performance env (Comms, market data capture,
    other engineering disciplines etc).
    · Candidate must know the pitfalls related to threading - usage,
    performance, OS specific (any)
    · Demonstrate practical solution to real day problems. Textbook
    knowledge will not be sufficient
    · Candidates must have actively used design patterns in their
    implementation for at least the last two years. Again must be able to
    demonstrate understanding, of why, and where a pattern should be used.
    · Demonstrate an understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage
    and application.
    · Strong understanding of a RDBMS. Must have an understanding of
    writing complex SQL, stored procedures, applying referential integrity
    & performance tuning
    · Strong understanding and knowledge of a chosen OS (NT, Linux,
    Solaris, etc ).
    · Background in Finance is desirable but not required.
    · Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication
    skills. The candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills with a
    desire to learn and deliver.
    Experience Required: Minimum 3Years
    Domain: Banking
    Terms and conditions:
    Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 4weeks)
    The selected candidates shall join VAM SYSTEMS -Australia and shall be
    deputed to one of the leading banks in Australia.
    Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest
    resume in MS Word format at the earliest at
    or If there is any queries you can
    chat me on ,
    ,, Skype ID is nishanthini2
    or call us +91 471-3015245 or 2311320.

    vam, Jun 11, 2007

  2. vam wrote:
    > [...] is a Business Consulting, IT Technology Solutions and
    > Services company with operations in [..]

    Off-topic.

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 11, 2007

  3. vam

    Guest

    On Jun 11, 1:53 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    > vam wrote:
    > > [...] is a Business Consulting, IT Technology Solutions and
    > > Services company with operations in [..]

    > Off-topic.

    i have Bsc computer science and four years experience

    , Jun 11, 2007
  4. wrote:
    > On Jun 11, 1:53 pm, "Victor Bazarov" <> wrote:
    >> vam wrote:
    >>> [...] is a Business Consulting, IT Technology Solutions and
    >>> Services company with operations in [..]

    >> Off-topic.

    > i have Bsc computer science and four years experience

    Good for you. Can we help you with some C++ language problem or
    are you here just for a breath of fresh air?

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 11, 2007
  5. vam

    osmium Guest

    "vam" writes:

    <snippage>
    >· Candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of threading.

    Various thread models, implementations, and a specific OS
    implementation (NT, Solaris, or POSIX on UNIX). Must have applied
    these skills in a high performance env (Comms, market data capture,
    other engineering disciplines etc).

    >· Strong understanding and knowledge of a chosen OS (NT, Linux,

    Solaris, etc ).

    >Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest

    resume in MS Word format at the earliest at

    What a bunch of airheads! They expect a Unix programmer to go through the
    hell of producing a resume in MS Word.

    osmium, Jun 11, 2007
  6. vam wrote:
    > VAM SYSTEMS is a Business Consulting,

    Put your job posting on Craigslist. This forum is for discussion of
    C++, the standard, not the jobs available.

    Gianni Mariani, Jun 12, 2007
  7. vam

    Jim Langston Guest

    "osmium" <> wrote in message
    > "vam" writes:
    >
    > <snippage>
    >>· Candidate must be able to demonstrate an understanding of threading.

    > Various thread models, implementations, and a specific OS
    > implementation (NT, Solaris, or POSIX on UNIX). Must have applied
    > these skills in a high performance env (Comms, market data capture,
    > other engineering disciplines etc).
    >
    >>· Strong understanding and knowledge of a chosen OS (NT, Linux,

    > Solaris, etc ).
    >
    >>Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest

    > resume in MS Word format at the earliest at
    >
    > What a bunch of airheads! They expect a Unix programmer to go through the
    > hell of producing a resume in MS Word.

    Have you never heard of OpenOffice?!?

    Jim Langston, Jun 12, 2007
  8. vam

    osmium Guest

    "Jim Langston" writes:

    > "osmium" <> wrote in message

    >>>Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest

    >> resume in MS Word format at the earliest at
    >>
    >> What a bunch of airheads! They expect a Unix programmer to go through
    >> the hell of producing a resume in MS Word.

    > Have you never heard of OpenOffice?!?

    Yes. What's your point? As far as I am concerned if one insists on an
    electronic response the format should be .rtf. I am not real sure that MS
    word even defines *a* format as opposed to a family of perhaps similar
    formats..

    I (try to) use that enormous pile of crap called Windows and I have worked
    with at least three people doing natural language translation for me, and MS
    Word format has been a constant source of problems. I finally gave up with
    all of them and told them to embed the response in an e-mail, rather than
    use attachments.

    osmium, Jun 12, 2007
  9. On Jun 11, 5:54 am, vam <> wrote:
> [...]
    > writing complex SQL, stored procedures, applying referential integrity
    > & performance tuning
    > · Strong understanding and knowledge of a chosen OS (NT, Linux,
    > Solaris, etc ).
    > · Background in Finance is desirable but not required.
    > · Candidate must be a strong team player with excellent communication
    > skills. The candidate must demonstrate strong analytical skills with a
    > desire to learn and deliver.
    > Experience Required: Minimum 3Years
    > Domain: Banking
    > Terms and conditions:
    > Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 4weeks)
    > The selected candidates shall join VAM SYSTEMS -Australia and shall be
    > deputed to one of the leading banks in Australia.
    > Should you be interested in this opportunity, please send your latest
    > resume in MS Word format at the earliest at

    yeah! these ironman job offers without presenting wages are veeeery
    nice

    Diego Martins, Jun 13, 2007
  10. Diego Martins wrote:
    > On Jun 11, 5:54 am, vam <> wrote:
    >> [huge spam quoting snipped]

    > yeah! these ironman job offers without presenting wages are veeeery
    > nice

    Must you quote the entire spam message just to add a couple of words?

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 13, 2007