urgent: configurating web farm to share Session

David

I've followed Microsoft instructions to configure machine.config. I've also
gotten rid of the SessionState block from the web.config file.

What else do I need to do? Thanks.

Karl

Did you set up either StateServer or SQLServer for your sessions and pointed
each web.config to that? The machine.config modification you are talking
about is machineKey ?

As far as I know, that's it.

Karl

David

I gather that InProc isn't going to work since we've got multiople
aspnet_wp.exe's running around. For StateServer and SQLServer, I'd have to
make all my objects serializable, correct?

Girish Bharadwaj

All object that need to be in the Session has to be serializable. Hopefully,
its just a matter of tacking on [Serializable]..

--
Girish Bharadwaj
http://msmvps.com/gbvb
David said:
I gather that InProc isn't going to work since we've got multiople
aspnet_wp.exe's running around. For StateServer and SQLServer, I'd have to
make all my objects serializable, correct?

Karl

Girish:
When you are using InProc they don't need to be serialized...you might have
been implying this from the conversation of the thread.

Karl

--
MY ASP.Net tutorials
http://www.openmymind.net/

Girish Bharadwaj said:
All object that need to be in the Session has to be serializable. Hopefully,
its just a matter of tacking on [Serializable]..

Girish Bharadwaj

Yeah. I meant the onces in StateServer or SQLServer. :)

--
Girish Bharadwaj
http://msmvps.com/gbvb