Urgent deliverable

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by kalikoi@gmail.com, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I have two arrays as follows

    array1=("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020","45201020",
    "45201020","45201020","45202010")

    array2=("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0.23")


    The final output should be as follows


    45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))

    4510-----------------------------------(3.43(0.54+2.89))

    451010-----------------------------(0.54(0.44+0.1))

    45101010---------------------(0.44,0.1)

    451030-----------------------------(2.89(0.13+2.61+0.15))

    45103020---------------------(0.13,2.61,0.15)

    4520-----------------------------------(1.52(1.29+0.23))

    452010-----------------------------(1.29(0.42+0.12+0.63+0.12))

    45201020---------------------(0.42,0.12,0.63,0.12)

    452020-----------------------------(0.23)

    45202010---------------------(0.23)



    Immediate help is appreciated

    Thanks & Regards
    kalyan
    , Aug 28, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. wrote:
    > I have two arrays as follows
    >
    >

    array1=("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020
    ","45201020",
    > "45201020","45201020","45202010")
    >
    >

    array2=("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0
    ..23")
    >
    >
    > The final output should be as follows
    >
    >
    > 45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))
    >

    What is this? A puzzle? We're supposed to figure out how "45" is related
    to "4.95(3.43+1.52)"?

    Sorry. It may be obvious to you, but I'm not going to waste my time
    trying to figure it out. Provide the algorithm if you require "immediate
    assistance".

    Or are you asking how to write the html to provide your desired format?
    If so, see an html or css group:
    http://groups.google.com/groups/dir?sel=33584039

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 28, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have two arrays as follows
    >
    >

    array1=("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020","4
    5201020",
    > "45201020","45201020","45202010")
    >
    >

    array2=("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0.23"
    )
    >
    >
    > The final output should be as follows
    >
    >
    > 45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))
    >
    > 4510-----------------------------------(3.43(0.54+2.89))
    >
    > 451010-----------------------------(0.54(0.44+0.1))
    >
    > 45101010---------------------(0.44,0.1)
    >
    > 451030-----------------------------(2.89(0.13+2.61+0.15))
    >
    > 45103020---------------------(0.13,2.61,0.15)
    >
    > 4520-----------------------------------(1.52(1.29+0.23))
    >
    > 452010-----------------------------(1.29(0.42+0.12+0.63+0.12))
    >
    > 45201020---------------------(0.42,0.12,0.63,0.12)
    >
    > 452020-----------------------------(0.23)
    >
    > 45202010---------------------(0.23)
    >
    >
    >
    > Immediate help is appreciated


    <%
    Option Explicit
    Dim array1
    array1 =
    Array("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020","452
    01020","45201020","45201020","45202010")
    Dim array2
    array2 =
    Array("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0.23")
    Dim output
    output = "<pre>" & vbCrLf
    output = output &
    "45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    4510-----------------------------------(3.43(0.54+2.89))" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    451010-----------------------------(0.54(0.44+0.1))" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & " 45101010---------------------(0.44,0.1)"
    & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    451030-----------------------------(2.89(0.13+2.61+0.15))" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    45103020---------------------(0.13,2.61,0.15)" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    4520-----------------------------------(1.52(1.29+0.23))" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    452010-----------------------------(1.29(0.42+0.12+0.63+0.12))" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "
    45201020---------------------(0.42,0.12,0.63,0.12)" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & " 452020-----------------------------(0.23)" &
    vbCrLf
    output = output & "" & vbCrLf
    output = output & " 45202010---------------------(0.23)" & vbCrLf
    output = output & "</pre>" & vbCrLf
    Response.Write output
    %>


    Watch for word-wrap.
    McKirahan, Aug 28, 2006
    #3
  4. McKirahan wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> I have two arrays as follows
    >>
    >>

    >

    array1=("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020
    ","4
    > 5201020",
    >> "45201020","45201020","45202010")
    >>
    >>

    >

    array2=("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0
    ..23"
    > )
    >>
    >>
    >> The final output should be as follows
    >>
    >>
    >> 45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))

    > <%
    > Option Explicit
    > Dim array1
    > array1 =
    >

    Array("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020",
    "452
    > 01020","45201020","45201020","45202010")
    > Dim array2
    > array2 =
    >

    Array("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0.2
    3")
    > Dim output
    > output = "<pre>" & vbCrLf
    > output = output &
    > "45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))" & vbCrLf


    <chuckle>
    I was thinking of doing something like this but decided not to take the
    time.

    Bob
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. The email account listed in my From
    header is my spam trap, so I don't check it very often. You will get a
    quicker response by posting to the newsgroup.
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 28, 2006
    #4
  5. McKirahan Guest

    "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    news:#...
    > <chuckle>
    > I was thinking of doing something like this but decided not to take the
    > time.


    You're right, I spent too much time on it; below is a simpler approach.

    <%
    Option Explicit
    Dim array1
    array1 =
    Array("45101010","45101010","45103020","45103020","45103020","45201020","452
    01020","45201020","45201020","45202010")
    Dim array2
    array2 =
    Array("0.44","0.1","0.13","2.61","0.15","0.42","0.12","0.63","0.12","0.23")
    Dim array3(10)
    array3(0) = "45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))"
    array3(1) = " 4510-----------------------------------(3.43(0.54+2.89))"
    array3(2) = " 451010-----------------------------(0.54(0.44+0.1))"
    array3(3) = " 45101010---------------------(0.44,0.1)"
    array3(4) = "
    451030-----------------------------(2.89(0.13+2.61+0.15))"
    array3(5) = " 45103020---------------------(0.13,2.61,0.15)"
    array3(6) = " 4520-----------------------------------(1.52(1.29+0.23))"
    array3(7) = "
    452010-----------------------------(1.29(0.42+0.12+0.63+0.12))"
    array3(8) = "
    45201020---------------------(0.42,0.12,0.63,0.12)"
    array3(9) = " 452020-----------------------------(0.23)"
    array3(10) = " 45202010---------------------(0.23)"
    Response.Write "<pre>" & Join(array3,vbCrLf & vbCrLf) & "</pre>"
    %>
    McKirahan, Aug 28, 2006
    #5
  6. Andyza Guest

    On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:50:36 -0500, "McKirahan" <>
    wrote:

    >"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    >news:#...
    >> <chuckle>
    >> I was thinking of doing something like this but decided not to take the
    >> time.

    >
    >You're right, I spent too much time on it; below is a simpler approach.
    >

    <SNIP>


    A much easier solution:

    <PRE>
    45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))

    4510-----------------------------------(3.43(0.54+2.89))

    451010-----------------------------(0.54(0.44+0.1))

    45101010---------------------(0.44,0.1)

    451030-----------------------------(2.89(0.13+2.61+0.15))

    45103020---------------------(0.13,2.61,0.15)

    4520-----------------------------------(1.52(1.29+0.23))

    452010-----------------------------(1.29(0.42+0.12+0.63+0.12))

    45201020---------------------(0.42,0.12,0.63,0.12)

    452020-----------------------------(0.23)

    45202010---------------------(0.23)
    </PRE>

    Although this should be taken to an appropriate html group...

    ;->
    Andyza, Aug 28, 2006
    #6
  7. Guest

    Hi All

    I wan't the final output by manipulating the two arrays.
    That is by using loops.
    Hope you all understand...


    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyan
    Andyza wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:50:36 -0500, "McKirahan" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"Bob Barrows [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > >news:#...
    > >> <chuckle>
    > >> I was thinking of doing something like this but decided not to take the
    > >> time.

    > >
    > >You're right, I spent too much time on it; below is a simpler approach.
    > >

    > <SNIP>
    >
    >
    > A much easier solution:
    >
    > <PRE>
    > 45---------------------------------------(4.95(3.43+1.52))
    >
    > 4510-----------------------------------(3.43(0.54+2.89))
    >
    > 451010-----------------------------(0.54(0.44+0.1))
    >
    > 45101010---------------------(0.44,0.1)
    >
    > 451030-----------------------------(2.89(0.13+2.61+0.15))
    >
    > 45103020---------------------(0.13,2.61,0.15)
    >
    > 4520-----------------------------------(1.52(1.29+0.23))
    >
    > 452010-----------------------------(1.29(0.42+0.12+0.63+0.12))
    >
    > 45201020---------------------(0.42,0.12,0.63,0.12)
    >
    > 452020-----------------------------(0.23)
    >
    > 45202010---------------------(0.23)
    > </PRE>
    >
    > Although this should be taken to an appropriate html group...
    >
    > ;->
    , Aug 29, 2006
    #7
  8. wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > I wan't the final output by manipulating the two arrays.
    > That is by using loops.
    > Hope you all understand...
    >
    >


    Nope. We knew you wanted to generate the output by manipulating the arrays.

    We still don't know how the two arrays are related to the final output you
    want.

    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    Please reply to the newsgroup. This email account is my spam trap so I
    don't check it very often. If you must reply off-line, then remove the
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Aug 29, 2006
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sachin Jagtap

    URGENT !! QUEUE STL PROBLEM URGENT!!

    Sachin Jagtap, Apr 28, 2005, in forum: C++
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,022
    Mark Stijnman
    Apr 29, 2005
  2. Urgent Deliverable

    , Jan 2, 2006, in forum: ASP General
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    130
  3. Rob
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    420
  4. kalyan

    urgent deliverable

    kalyan, Oct 10, 2006, in forum: Javascript
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    125
    Jeremy
    Oct 11, 2006
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    247
Loading...

Share This Page