Urgent!, download attachment corruption.

Guest

Hi,

When i download PDF document from asp.net page, it downloads but does not
open. Message shown is "file is damaged". The file opens when opened directly
from the folder.

Handles Me.Load

Dim myFileInfo As New FileInfo(Session("dnload").ToString)
Dim myFilePath As String =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("UploadFolder").ToString & "\" & myFileInfo.Name
HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear()
HttpContext.Current.Response.ClearHeaders()
HttpContext.Current.Response.ClearContent()
HttpContext.Current.Response.AppendHeader("content-disposition",
"attachment;filename=" & myFileInfo.Name)
Response.WriteFile(myFilePath)
Response.Flush()
Response.End()

End Sub

What could be reason?

any thoughts are welcome.

Guest

Have you examined the actual PDF file to see what's in it? I have seen where
the markup from a Page (the aspx portion) gets included in a file download.
Try setting it up so your ASPX page has ONLY the Page directive and NO OTHER
MARKUP.
Best of luck,
Peter

Guest

Hi Peter,

You are right, I examined the PDF contents & could see HTML embedded at end
of the file.

I tried removing everthing except page directive, but still the problem
exists?

Kindly give concrete solution;

thanks

Guest

Hi Peter,

You are correct, I examined the PDF file & could see HTML embedded at end of
the file.

I tried your suggestions but it does not work.

any concreate solutions?

Thanks