Urgent: Embed mp3 in email from asp page

Targa

Anybody know how I can embed an MP3 into an an email sent from an asp page?

Using CDONTS and IIS5. Ive tried it as a attachment and sending in HTML
format with the mp3 embeded in the page but niether work.

TIA!

Jeff Dillon

Why did not the attachment method work? Did you get an error? Can you do
other types of attachments ok?

Jeff

Targa

Attachment was attached fine - it just didnt autoplay. I can manually open
it but I need it to start playing as soon as the message is viewed.

Jeff Dillon

I certainly hope not. This is a client setting...imagine if the mp3 were a
virus instead...

However, one thought. I've seen web pages where the sound plays in the
background (as much as I hate that). You might look into that. You could
use the HTML EMBED element, or put it into a Flash file.

Jeff

Targa

Got it working.
I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt work but
linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays automatically.

Thanks!

Evertjan.

Targa wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Got it working.
I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt
work but linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays
automatically.

Perhaps on Oulook{express] not on more safe and so better mailclients.

Anyway, not an ASP issue.

Roland Hall

in message : Targa wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
: > Got it working.
: > I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt
: > work but linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays
: > automatically.
:
: Perhaps on Oulook{express] not on more safe and so better mailclients.

Not if you only accept plain text messages, not HTML. I'm curious, how is
OE unsafe if you only accept email in plain text mode?

: Anyway, not an ASP issue.

True.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Evertjan.

Roland Hall wrote on 31 okt 2004 in
: Perhaps on Oulook{express] not on more safe and so better
: mailclients.

Not if you only accept plain text messages, not HTML. I'm curious,
how is OE unsafe if you only accept email in plain text mode?

Then you do an amputation on outlook.
Pmail, while making the html not perfect, simply does not execute the
dangeroes parts of html, like loading external files in frames or as
pictures.

Then you miss lots of mail from html-only friends.

The Outlook adressbook is a SPAM-danger [to others] in itself

But OK, let us stop this off-topic quibbeling.

Larry Bud

Targa said:
Got it working.
I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt work but
linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays automatically.

Thanks!

Curious as to what circumstance you MUST have it play automatically.
Seems annoying as hell to me.

Targa

I agree - it would be annoying but it's for a client, not myself.

This client is promoting a highly controversial gambling amendment.
I have several political based clients and will be glad when tomorrow is
over!