    Using CDONTS and IIS5. Ive tried it as a attachment and sending in HTML
    format with the mp3 embeded in the page but niether work.

    TIA!

    Targa, Oct 29, 2004

  2. Targa

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    Why did not the attachment method work? Did you get an error? Can you do
    other types of attachments ok?

    Jeff
    "Targa" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody know how I can embed an MP3 into an an email sent from an asp

    page?

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Targa

    Targa Guest

    Attachment was attached fine - it just didnt autoplay. I can manually open
    it but I need it to start playing as soon as the message is viewed.

    Targa, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Targa

    Jeff Dillon Guest

    I certainly hope not. This is a client setting...imagine if the mp3 were a
    virus instead...

    However, one thought. I've seen web pages where the sound plays in the
    background (as much as I hate that). You might look into that. You could
    use the HTML EMBED element, or put it into a Flash file.

    Jeff

    Jeff Dillon, Oct 29, 2004
  5. Targa

    Targa Guest

    Got it working.
    I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt work but
    linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays automatically.

    Thanks!

    Targa, Oct 30, 2004
  6. Targa

    Evertjan. Guest

    Targa wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > Got it working.
    > I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt
    > work but linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays
    > automatically.

    Perhaps on Oulook{express] not on more safe and so better mailclients.

    Anyway, not an ASP issue.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 30, 2004
  7. Targa

    Roland Hall Guest

    "Evertjan." wrote in message news:Xns9592264DBF73Feejj99@194.109.133.29...
    : Targa wrote on 30 okt 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    : > Got it working.
    : > I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt
    : > work but linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays
    : > automatically.
    :
    : Perhaps on Oulook{express] not on more safe and so better mailclients.

    Not if you only accept plain text messages, not HTML. I'm curious, how is
    OE unsafe if you only accept email in plain text mode?

    : Anyway, not an ASP issue.

    True.

    --
    Roland Hall
    or fitness for a particular purpose. */

    Roland Hall, Oct 31, 2004
  8. Targa

    Evertjan. Guest

    Roland Hall wrote on 31 okt 2004 in
    >: Perhaps on Oulook{express] not on more safe and so better
    >: mailclients.
    >
    > Not if you only accept plain text messages, not HTML. I'm curious,
    > how is OE unsafe if you only accept email in plain text mode?

    Then you do an amputation on outlook.
    Pmail, while making the html not perfect, simply does not execute the
    dangeroes parts of html, like loading external files in frames or as
    pictures.

    Then you miss lots of mail from html-only friends.

    The Outlook adressbook is a SPAM-danger [to others] in itself

    But OK, let us stop this off-topic quibbeling.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Oct 31, 2004
  9. Targa

    Larry Bud Guest

    "Targa" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Got it working.
    > I had tried the embed with the file linked from my site which didnt work but
    > linking the embeded file to the attachement did. Plays automatically.
    >
    > Thanks!

    Curious as to what circumstance you MUST have it play automatically.
    Seems annoying as hell to me.

    Larry Bud, Nov 1, 2004
  10. Targa

    Targa Guest

    I agree - it would be annoying but it's for a client, not myself.

    This client is promoting a highly controversial gambling amendment.
    I have several political based clients and will be glad when tomorrow is
    over!

    Targa, Nov 2, 2004