URGENT! Error in web service function call - web services behavior

paul

I am getting the following message when trying to call a web service
in javascript(from an ASP.NET application) using web services
behavior:

'Error in web service function call
Server was unable to process request. --> File or assembly name
tbnwkcbd.dll or one of its dependencies was not found.'

The dll name sometimes changes when the same call is made. I looked
on a server that runs the web application correctly and those dlls are
not on the system.

I have no idea why this problem is happening. The OS running the web
server is Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is an urgent issue.

thanks
paul

DanL

Hope this is of some help. When the HTTP request comes in, if a DLL has not
been specifically created, a new one (with a name like you included below,
functionally random) is compiled on the spot and placed in a *shadow
directory* on the web server machine. Finding the DLL (which can be removed
as well) involves looking in this shadow directory: %windir%\Microsoft
..NET\Framework\<version>\Temporary ASP.NET Files.

Hope this helps some.
DanL

andy.rose

I've had this problem today with a deployed web service and the solution lay with the permission properties of the c:\windows\temp folder. As a quick fix I gave 'Everyone' full access to this folder but I suspect this could be limited to a user used by ASP.NET.
Hope this helps.

Andy