Urgent: Event executed on server and data which is received by that event sent to the client.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sunny Mohan, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Sunny Mohan

Sunny Mohan Guest

Hi

I am creating a web-based instant messaging application using asp.net. I have a DLL of which I create an object. This object has some properties, methods and events. When I call a DoConnect Event method of this object it establishes a connection. The events of this object are fired. I want to know as how I can notify my web client application of those events. Also I want to know if that object will remain there or will be destroyed once my asp.net page is loaded

As I am creating an instant messaging application so in that case a web client will send a message to another user using the same web client. By web client I mean the IE browser window where I am going to have a text area where all the messages will appear and a text box where a user will type in the message to be sent to the other user and a "Send" button

I would like to know mainly as how I can get notified of the events of the object which has been created on the server

Please reply ASAP. This is very very urgent.

Sunny Mohan, Apr 5, 2004
    1. Advertising