Urgent Help - ASP & FoxPro Db

Stuart

Hi,

I have a web site that is built using FOxpro database
(free table directory) running on a Win2003 server and
IIS 6.

I am using a DSN as the connection string to the DB.

To connect to the database I am using ADODB.Record,
Cursor Type of Static, Lock Type of Readonly, command
type of adCmdText.

The site was running for 6 days OK and then suddenly the
site 'stopped working'.

By 'stopped working' I noticed that the site would dislay
static .HTM & HTML pages but not any .asp pages.

I also noticed that some of the database files
(.dbf, .cdx .fpt) were locking up and not releasing. When
trying to FTP new files across I was getting a 550
error 'File in use by another process' and the system
administrator cannot delete the files either.

THe SA said that he could not see any rogue process that
had grabed the files and was at a loss as to the next
step.

I really need help on this - so any insight as to what
might be the problem would be great.

I have tried to give as much info here but if you need
any more that might help with diagnosis please let me
know and I will and get back to you.

Joker

First off stop using ODBC/DSN to connect to the database. The next
several links will give you more information on what your connection
string should actually look like. It might not solve the problem, but
at least your app will be faster & easier to manage.

http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/OLEDB_Providers.htm#OLEDBProviderForVisualFoxPro

http://www.connectionstrings.com/

http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2126

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...n-us/ado270/htm/ado_deprecated_components.asp

You might have to reboot the server to free the files from the clutches
of the ODBC/DSN connection.
Hi,

I have a web site that is built using FOxpro database
(free table directory) running on a Win2003 server and
IIS 6.

I am using a DSN as the connection string to the DB.

To connect to the database I am using ADODB.Record,
Cursor Type of Static, Lock Type of Readonly, command
type of adCmdText.

assistance.

time.