Urgent help needed for handling webservice from asp

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Suvojit, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Suvojit

    Suvojit Guest

    We have an ASP that contains some data along with
    three IFrames in it. The 'sources' for each of these
    IFrames are set after the ASP page is loaded in the
    browser using a Javascript function. Basically, this
    JavaScript function checks if the rest of the page has
    finished loading and then sets the "<IFrame>.src"
    attributes for the three IFrames one after another.
    Now, each of these IFrames contains separate ASPs.
    These ASPs call one Web-Service each to get some data and
    then render it in the IFrames. The problem arises when one
    of the Web Services in any one of the ASPs fail to respond
    and hangs up without returning any error message. We are
    expecting that if one web-service fails for a ASP, then
    the other two ASPs should execute and get rendered in the
    corresponding IFrames in the browser. But it does not
    happen. All the three IFrames hang up together.

    Could you please suggest us anything to solve
    this ?
    We want to get the corresponding data loaded in
    the three IFrames asynchronously, so that even if one
    fails, the others are not affected. Can IFrames load
    asynchrounously when called from the browser through a
    Javascript function ?

    Suvojit, Dec 19, 2003