Urgent help on IP Component in Java Swing.

maadhuu

Hello ,
I need a java class that can act as an IP component ,basically for
entering IP addresses or subnet masks. Can someone help me out ? I need
the source code.

Thanks a lot.
Maadhuu.

sam

Check out the java.net.Inet4Address and InetAddress. Or are u looking
for a Swing component that will store ur data. ???

sam

Well its pretty simple here it goes

class MyIP
{
String ipAddress,subNetMask;
public MyIP(String ip,String subnet)
{
this.ipAddress=ip;
this.sunNetMask= subnet;
}

//Getters and setters
public String getIPAddress()
{
return ipAddress;
}

public String getSubNetMask()
{
return sunNetMask;
}

public void setIP(String ip)
{
this.ipAddress =ip;
}
public void setSunNetMask(String subNet)
{
this.sunNetMask = subNet;

This is a simple holder that will act as a your IP component. But there
are allready classes in .java.net package that you could use check out
that.

Cheers!!!
Suman