Urgent help reqd - IIS serving javascript files, gives me error

Prash

IIS serving javascript files, gives me error 4/21/2006 6:48 AM

Guys/Gals,
I am using IIS as a server to serve the javascript files. But it is
giving me the error as "Object doesn't support this property or
Method".
I have modified the plugin-cfg.xml, to discard the entries of js files.

Also, i checked to insure that the .js extension is added to the IIS
mime type list by adding a mime type for .js as IIS6 will not serve up
the file unless it's in it's mime list.
I would appreciate your valuable suggestions and advise on this.

Thnx,
Prashant

Randy Webb

Prash said the following on 4/21/2006 10:06 AM:
IIS serving javascript files, gives me error 4/21/2006 6:48 AM

Guys/Gals,
I am using IIS as a server to serve the javascript files. But it is
giving me the error as "Object doesn't support this property or
Method".
I have modified the plugin-cfg.xml, to discard the entries of js files.

Is it a server error or an error in your .js file that is throwing that
error? "Object doesn't support...." is typically a client side error,
not a server one but it may be with IIS.
Also, i checked to insure that the .js extension is added to the IIS
mime type list by adding a mime type for .js as IIS6 will not serve up
the file unless it's in it's mime list.
I would appreciate your valuable suggestions and advise on this.

What happens when you use the file locally and test it? Do you get the
same error? If you do, its a code error. If you don't, then it is an IIS
error and you would want to post to an IIS group.

Prash

HI Randy,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. This is basically a client side
javascript error, and I am facing this only when using IIS to serve the
javascript files. If I use Websphere to serve the js files, it works
absolutely fine.
Pl. throw some light on it as in what all settings are required so
that IIS can be used for javascript usage. Note that this is the
Javascript code being served by IIS. I am confused:-

1. Can we use Javascript code which can be served by IIS Server. I
thought IIS Server can be used in conjuction with only ASP Pages plus
Microsoft JScript ( and not Sun's JavaScript) ? . M i right on this?

2. In my case I m facing Client side pure javascript error. Not sure
why this error is occuring. Is ny special setting required for this.

3. Also, Initially I was using WebSphere to serve everything. Now IIS
is being used to serve the js files specially. So, not sure why it is
throwing an error as Object doesn't support this property.

Pl. guide me on this.

Thnx,
Prash

Prash

Also , let me know which group is the IIS group, I searched for it ,
but had no luck.

Thanks a lot,
Prash