URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR SIEBEL - PLEASE

Blackspeech

We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing problems
as described below:

We receive automated trouble ticket information from a Remedy based
system that emails Siebel and expects to have a Service Request
assigmnment returned after the email is received and duly processed.

The issue is a little tricky in that if the Service Package Name in the
pre-formatted email contains more than one word the service request
(SR) is not generated within Siebel. i.e.

ABDCDE is fine

ABCDE FGHIJ is not.

I am not a techincal person, but rtaher someone who has a very big
interest in seeing this one resolved. I would appreciate any pointers
at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard Heathfield

Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

osmium

Tor Rustad said:
I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

Richard Heathfield

Tor Rustad said:
I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

Since the question was OT here, I redirected the OP to a place where he is
more likely to get help. I couldn't find a relevant newsgroup, so I found a
Web site instead, but nevertheless it was a redirection. Is that not SOP?

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk
email: normal service will be restored as soon as possible. Please do not
adjust your email clients.

Mark McIntyre

comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

You volunteering to moderate?
Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Mark McIntyre

clcm already has a moderator.

didn't even know it really existed - don't think my newsfeed carries
it.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

Keith Thompson

Richard Heathfield said:
Tor Rustad said:

Since the question was OT here, I redirected the OP to a place where he is
more likely to get help. I couldn't find a relevant newsgroup, so I found a
Web site instead, but nevertheless it was a redirection. Is that not SOP?

I'd recommend mentioning that it's off-topic in addition to providing
the link. Otherwise, the OP might be left with the impression that
comp.lang.c is a good place to ask about Siebel (whatever that is).

Of course, you can always count on *someone* to make that point.

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
Since the question was OT here, I redirected [...]

I'd recommend mentioning that it's off-topic in addition to providing
the link. Otherwise, the OP might be left with the impression that
comp.lang.c is a good place to ask about Siebel (whatever that is).

Of course, you can always count on *someone* to make that point.

And I did, and you did. :)

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk
email: normal service will be restored as soon as possible. Please do not
adjust your email clients.

Blackspeech

Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
apologies to all.

Keith Thompson said:
Since the question was OT here, I redirected [...]
I'd recommend mentioning that it's off-topic in addition to providing
the link. Otherwise, the OP might be left with the impression that
comp.lang.c is a good place to ask about Siebel (whatever that is).
Of course, you can always count on *someone* to make that point.And I did, and you did. :)

--

Blackspeech said:
Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
apologies to all.

Please don't top-post. Read the following:

http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/topposting.php

There are no moderators. comp.lang.c is an unmoderated group. (There
is a corresponding moderated group, comp.lang.c.moderated.)

Don't worry about removing the original post; it's neither possible
nor necessary. (Well, it might be possible, but not reliably.)

Default User

Blackspeech said:
Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made
- apologies to all.

As Keith mentioned, there are no moderators. You can "delete" the
message from Google, but that only really removes it from their
archives.

Brian

Tor Rustad

Richard said:
Tor Rustad said:

Since the question was OT here, I redirected the
OP to a place where he is more likely to get help.

Strange, once upon a time, there was a poster here
that even flamed Dennis M Ritchie for less.

;-)

Richard Heathfield

Tor Rustad said:
Strange, once upon a time, there was a poster here
that even flamed Dennis M Ritchie for less.

;-)

Tsk, tsk...

--
Richard Heathfield
"Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999
http://www.cpax.org.uk
email: normal service will be restored as soon as possible. Please do not
adjust your email clients.

Spiros Bousbouras

Keith said:
Don't worry about removing the original post; it's neither possible
nor necessary. (Well, it might be possible, but not reliably.)

Removing it from where ? Usenet posts are reproduced
on several servers , are they not ?

Random832

2006-11-15 said:
Removing it from where ? Usenet posts are reproduced
on several servers , are they not ?

It's _possible_ to send another message instructing all servers to
remove the first. This has historically been abused, so many servers
will ignore it.

Mark McIntyre

Removing it from where ? Usenet posts are reproduced
on several servers , are they not ?

Its theoretically possible to send a cancel, this is propagated just
as the original message is and causes it to be deleted from any server
that honours the request. Not many servers do.

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan