URGENT HELP REQUIRED FOR SIEBEL - PLEASE

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Blackspeech, Nov 14, 2006.

  1. Blackspeech

    Blackspeech Guest

    We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing problems
    as described below:

    We receive automated trouble ticket information from a Remedy based
    system that emails Siebel and expects to have a Service Request
    assigmnment returned after the email is received and duly processed.

    The issue is a little tricky in that if the Service Package Name in the
    pre-formatted email contains more than one word the service request
    (SR) is not generated within Siebel. i.e.

    ABDCDE is fine

    ABCDE FGHIJ is not.

    I am not a techincal person, but rtaher someone who has a very big
    interest in seeing this one resolved. I would appreciate any pointers
    at all.

    Many thanks in advance.

    Blackspeech, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Blackspeech said:

    > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing problems
    > as described below:

    <snip>

    Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

    --
    Richard Heathfield
    "Usenet is a strange place" - dmr 29/7/1999

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Blackspeech

    Tor Rustad Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > Blackspeech said:
    >
    > > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
    > > problems as described below:

    <snip>

    > Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

    I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

    --
    Tor <torust AT online DOT no>

    Tor Rustad, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Blackspeech

    Blackspeech Guest

    Tor Rustad wrote:
    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > > Blackspeech said:
    > >
    > > > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
    > > > problems as described below:

    > <snip>
    >
    > > Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

    > I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!
    >
    > --
    > Tor <torust AT online DOT no>

    Aplologies if this post is out of place.

    Blackspeech, Nov 14, 2006
  5. Blackspeech

    osmium Guest

    "Tor Rustad" writes:

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >> Blackspeech said:
    >>
    >> > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
    >> > problems as described below:

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

    > I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

    comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
    don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

    osmium, Nov 14, 2006
  6. Tor Rustad said:

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >> Blackspeech said:
    >>
    >> > We have Siebel running in a test environment and experiencing
    >> > problems as described below:

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

    > I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

    Since the question was OT here, I redirected the OP to a place where he is
    more likely to get help. I couldn't find a relevant newsgroup, so I found a
    Web site instead, but nevertheless it was a redirection. Is that not SOP?

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 14, 2006
  7. On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:14:25 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "osmium"
    <> wrote:

    >comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
    >don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

    You volunteering to moderate?
    Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 14, 2006
  8. Blackspeech

    Ben Pfaff Guest

    Mark McIntyre <> writes:

    > On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:14:25 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "osmium"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
    >>don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

    > You volunteering to moderate?
    > Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    clcm already has a moderator.
    );}return 0;}

    Ben Pfaff, Nov 14, 2006
  9. On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:51:36 -0800, in comp.lang.c , Ben Pfaff
    <> wrote:

    >Mark McIntyre <> writes:
    >
    >> On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:14:25 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "osmium"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>comp.lang.c.moderated will eliminate those annoying, helpful posts so you
    >>>don't have to waste your valuable time on nonsense.

    >> You volunteering to moderate?
    >> Et quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

    >clcm already has a moderator.

    didn't even know it really existed - don't think my newsfeed carries
    it.
    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 14, 2006
  10. Richard Heathfield <> writes:
    > Tor Rustad said:
    >> Richard Heathfield wrote:

    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>> Here's one: http://www.oracle.com/siebel/index.html

    >> I would like a link, showing me the connection to ISO C...!

    > Since the question was OT here, I redirected the OP to a place where he is
    > more likely to get help. I couldn't find a relevant newsgroup, so I found a
    > Web site instead, but nevertheless it was a redirection. Is that not SOP?

    I'd recommend mentioning that it's off-topic in addition to providing
    the link. Otherwise, the OP might be left with the impression that
    comp.lang.c is a good place to ask about Siebel (whatever that is).

    Of course, you can always count on *someone* to make that point.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 14, 2006
  11. Keith Thompson said:

    > Richard Heathfield <> writes:

    <snip>

    >> Since the question was OT here, I redirected [...]

    > I'd recommend mentioning that it's off-topic in addition to providing
    > the link. Otherwise, the OP might be left with the impression that
    > comp.lang.c is a good place to ask about Siebel (whatever that is).
    >
    > Of course, you can always count on *someone* to make that point.

    And I did, and you did. :)

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 15, 2006
  12. Blackspeech

    Blackspeech Guest

    Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
    apologies to all.

    Blackspeech, Nov 15, 2006
  13. "Blackspeech" <> writes:
    > Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
    > apologies to all.

    Please don't top-post. Read the following:

    http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
    http://www.cpax.org.uk/prg/writings/topposting.php

    There are no moderators. comp.lang.c is an unmoderated group. (There
    is a corresponding moderated group, comp.lang.c.moderated.)

    Don't worry about removing the original post; it's neither possible
    nor necessary. (Well, it might be possible, but not reliably.)

    Keith Thompson, Nov 15, 2006
  14. Blackspeech

    Default User Guest

    Blackspeech wrote:

    > Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made
    > - apologies to all.

    As Keith mentioned, there are no moderators. You can "delete" the
    message from Google, but that only really removes it from their
    archives.

    Brian

    Default User, Nov 15, 2006
  15. Blackspeech

    Tor Rustad Guest

    Richard Heathfield wrote:
    > Tor Rustad said:

    > > I would like a link, showing me the connection
    > > to ISO C...!

    <snip>

    > Since the question was OT here, I redirected the
    > OP to a place where he is more likely to get help.

    Strange, once upon a time, there was a poster here
    that even flamed Dennis M Ritchie for less.

    ;-)

    --
    Tor <torust AT online DOT no>

    Tor Rustad, Nov 15, 2006
  16. Tor Rustad said:

    > Richard Heathfield wrote:
    >> Tor Rustad said:

    >> > I would like a link, showing me the connection
    >> > to ISO C...!

    > <snip>
    >
    >> Since the question was OT here, I redirected the
    >> OP to a place where he is more likely to get help.

    > Strange, once upon a time, there was a poster here
    > that even flamed Dennis M Ritchie for less.
    >
    > ;-)

    Tsk, tsk...

    Richard Heathfield, Nov 15, 2006
  17. Keith Thompson wrote:
    > "Blackspeech" <> writes:
    > > Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
    > > apologies to all.

    > Don't worry about removing the original post; it's neither possible
    > nor necessary. (Well, it might be possible, but not reliably.)

    Removing it from where ? Usenet posts are reproduced
    on several servers , are they not ?

    Spiros Bousbouras, Nov 15, 2006
  18. Blackspeech

    Random832 Guest

    2006-11-15 <>,
    Spiros Bousbouras wrote:
    > Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> "Blackspeech" <> writes:
    >> > Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
    >> > apologies to all.

    >> Don't worry about removing the original post; it's neither possible
    >> nor necessary. (Well, it might be possible, but not reliably.)

    > Removing it from where ? Usenet posts are reproduced
    > on several servers , are they not ?

    It's _possible_ to send another message instructing all servers to
    remove the first. This has historically been abused, so many servers
    will ignore it.

    Random832, Nov 15, 2006
  19. On 15 Nov 2006 14:04:55 -0800, in comp.lang.c , "Spiros Bousbouras"
    <> wrote:

    >Keith Thompson wrote:
    >> "Blackspeech" <> writes:
    >> > Moderators as this is off-topic please remove the posting that I made -
    >> > apologies to all.

    >> Don't worry about removing the original post; it's neither possible
    >> nor necessary. (Well, it might be possible, but not reliably.)

    >Removing it from where ? Usenet posts are reproduced
    >on several servers , are they not ?

    Its theoretically possible to send a cancel, this is propagated just
    as the original message is and causes it to be deleted from any server
    that honours the request. Not many servers do.

    --
    Mark McIntyre

    --Brian Kernighan

    Mark McIntyre, Nov 15, 2006