    please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNG
    format.
    this is one of my module in academic project.

    bharath, Mar 13, 2007

    http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pgm.html

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/knute/

    Knute Johnson, Mar 13, 2007

  3. bharath

    Guest

    Re: URGENT,how to convert PGM image or raw format to JPG,PNG format,

    On Mar 13, 8:26 pm, "bharath" <> wrote:
    > please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNG
    > format.
    > this is one of my module in academic project.

    If it is so urgent, start writing code.

    , Mar 13, 2007
  4. Knute Johnson wrote:
    > bharath wrote:
    >> please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNG
    >> format.
    >> this is one of my module in academic project.
    >>

    > http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pgm.html

    Or, if you are on linux and have appropriate man pages, man pgm.

    PNG specification can be obtained from
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-PNG-20031110/, JPG from
    http://www.digicamsoft.com/itu/itu-t81-1.html, GIF from
    http://www.w3.org/Graphics/GIF/spec-gif89a.txt, and Windows' BMP from
    http://www.digicamsoft.com/bmp/bmp.html. For more information, Wikipedia
    has detailed information and a list of relevant links (the sources for
    those I gave you).

    Alternatively, reading up on javax.imageio could save the trouble of
    reading/writing PNG, JPG, GIF, and BMP for you, although you'll have to
    still churn PGM yourself.

    As a final note, I don't give out source code for how to do XXX unless
    I'm fixing someone else's code. It's better to work it out on your own
    with occasional guidance.

    Joshua Cranmer, Mar 13, 2007
  5. bharath wrote:
    > please give source code or method to convert raw or PGM to JPG,PNG
    > format.
    > this is one of my module in academic project.

    Here is an excellent answer (although posted to another thread), which
    covers all aspects of your question:
    <http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.java.help/msg/74dd172d5d70da58>

    --
    Thomas