URGENT: How to execute an external program in vhdl?

Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello.

I am currently working on a project on maze generation using VHDL. I perform all operations and implement the necessary algorithm using VHDL (in Active-HDL version 6.3) and generate an array of vertical walls and horizontal walls as the output.

To show the output as a proper maze in display, I developed a JAVA program only to show the output graphically. But, I need to open this program separately and enter the outputs of the VHDL simulation manually, to get a graphical maze.

I want to open the JAVA program directly from VHDL so that it can directly take the values of the output and generate the maze. But I am unable to figure out how to do this thing. Is it possible?

Please help me in three regards:
1) How to execute an external program/software from VHDL?
2) Is there any way to interface VHDL with JAVA language?
3) Or any other way to show the output graphically? Any other simulator, etc.

Hoping for a good response soon as my deadline for project submission is nearing.

Thank you.
NIKHIL

Last edited: