urgent-how to pass values into the parent form

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by VbUser25, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. VbUser25

    VbUser25 Guest

    hi..
    i have a drop-down menu with a list of products.when i select any one
    product i open a popup displaying hte product categories in it.i then
    enter the no. of items i want.and finally when i click to the submit
    button i want to display a summary of selected item in the parent
    form.to make it more elaborate:

    i have 3 items in a drop-down menu and each item has further 10
    different types of products.

    something like u have an item soap. and then 10 different brands of
    soap.so all my products are in the drop down menu in the parent form.
    item 1
    item 2
    item 3
    item 4

    when i select item 1 i get a popup menu which has say 20 types of item1
    from the database.i generate textboxes beside each label so that user
    can enter his quantity.
    item1-brand1
    item2-brand2
    item2-brand3
    etc...

    now the user can select three of "item1-brand1" and 2 of "item1-brand2"
    ..then he might click to item 2 which in turn has further 15 types like:
    "item2-brand1"
    "item2-brand2"..etc

    he can also enter two quantity of "item2-brand2" and one of
    "item2-brand2"

    so his final selection say in the end is
    item 1 item1-brand1 3
    item 1 item1-brand2 2
    item 2 item1-brand1 2
    item 2 item1-brand2 1

    so i want to display the above summary in the parent form.here is the
    function which i refer in onclick event of the 2nd form.i can display it
    in a textbox.but how to create multiple textbox and then dispaly values
    in each

    function validateInfo()
    {
    var length = parseInt(document.tmpForm.tmpNumber.value);
    for (i=1;i<length;i++)
    {
    var your_variable = document.tmpForm["Txt ["+i+"]"].value;
    opener.document.f.elements["<%=Request("name") &
    "Quantity"%>"].value = document.tmpForm["Txt["+i+"]"].value;
    self.close();

    VbUser25, Feb 9, 2005

  2. VbUser25

    Evertjan. Guest

    VbUser25 wrote on 09 feb 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > so i want to display the above summary in the parent form.here is the
    > function which i refer in onclick event of the 2nd form.i can display it
    > in a textbox.but how to create multiple textbox and then dispaly values
    > in each

    ASP is serverside and does not know about parent forms or any forms or
    onclick events.

    Please ask a clientside NG.

    --
    Evertjan.