urgent - IE 6 display problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Saso Zagoranski, Oct 5, 2006.

  1. Hi group,

    This probably isn't the right newsgroup to post this but I'm in a real
    hurry...
    (please direct me to the correct newsgroup if I'm "miss-posting")

    Could you please look at the following website:
    http://www.spletna-galerija.net/Gallery.aspx and tell me why the overflow in
    IE 6?
    It works fine in Firefox and IE7 ...

    I've tried everything (well... not everything, because I haven't fixed the
    problem yet)
    and already wasted a couple of days on this... :(

    I've tried changing the order of divs in the center columns (the one with
    the overflow)
    however the center top div (named "DSSeparatorTop") ALWAYS creates an
    overflow
    of about 5-10 pixels.

    Any help - highly appreciated

    Thanks,
    saso

    Saso Zagoranski, Oct 5, 2006

  2. IE6.0 is not w3c compliant (IE7 is more but not quite). the current approach
    (even ms is using) is to code CSS to ie7/ firefox, and have client script
    patch up ie 6.0

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 5, 2006

  3. Thanks for the reply Bruce...

    The problem is that I don't know how to patch the problem for IE...

    The overflow just won't go away :(

    thanks,
    saso

    "bruce barker (sqlwork.com)" <> wrote