Urgent : Microsoft.Web.UI.Webcontrols not rendering controls to client

John

Hi all,

I installed the Microsoft.Web.UI.Webcontrols.dll onto my development P.C.
and in the reference from within Visual Studio, changed the Copy Local to
true so as to have the copy in my Bin folder.

Everything works alright but now when I deploy this web app up to the host,
the controls are not being rendered (i.e. no toolbar control) to th client.
I know the hosts have not installed the dll into the GAC. How can I get this
to work without running the msi installer program and having my web app
reference the dll in my Bin folder?

Furthermore, I'm going to use the treeview at some stage and need to know
how to copy the images in the webctrl_client to a sub folder of my web app
to get this working.

Any help appreciated...

Regards
John.

Jurjen de Groot

John,

See my Thread called 'ASP.NET Treeview example anyone' dated july 7th

regards, Jurjen