URGENT: Need help in setting environment variable.. pls help

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Rahul S., Oct 28, 2004.

  1. Rahul S.

    Rahul S. Guest

    Hey all:

    I need urgent information how to set the environment in Visual.NET
    wiritng in C.

    I am working with a licensed version of the Analyze 6.0 software from
    mayo clinic. I need to write code in C using AVW functions that are
    licensed by Mayo clinic.

    In order to access the AVW library of functions, I need to set the
    environment to look at the license file through my C code.

    The syntax to set the environment is something like: set "variable" =
    "path".
    I tried doing this but it gave me a lot of errors.
    Could someone please offer me a soln.

    If anyone has experienced this situation before, could you please let
    me know how the environment was set?

    I need to know ASAP.

    Thanks to all,
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    Rahul S., Oct 28, 2004

  2. Rahul S.

    Jack Klein Guest

    On 28 Oct 2004 07:35:05 -0700, (Rahul S.) wrote
    in comp.lang.c:

    > Hey all:
    >
    > I need urgent information how to set the environment in Visual.NET
    > wiritng in C.

    Standard C does not provide any functions to set environment
    variables. You will need to investigate non-standard extensions
    provided by your compiler/OS combination. Ask in one of Microsoft's
    support groups in the news:microsoft.public.vc.* family.

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Rahul S.

    Rahul S. Guest

    Thanks for the help, but I was unable to get into themicrosoft link as
    the URL is not available.

    I am working with Visual Studio.NET , so I am pretty sure there is a
    way to set the environment, which I do not know of yet.
    If anyone has done something related in Visual Studio.NET, please let
    me know.

    Thanks,
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    Rahul S., Oct 31, 2004
  4. Rahul S.

    Flash Gordon Guest

    On 30 Oct 2004 16:15:27 -0700
    (Rahul S.) wrote:

    > Thanks for the help, but I was unable to get into themicrosoft link as
    > the URL is not available.
    >
    > I am working with Visual Studio.NET , so I am pretty sure there is a
    > way to set the environment, which I do not know of yet.
    > If anyone has done something related in Visual Studio.NET, please let
    > me know.

    If you want help on MS products go to the MS groups, there you will find
    people who actually know the answer. Around here we only deal with
    standard C, not the extensions provided by various vendors.
    --
    Flash Gordon
    Sometimes I think shooting would be far too good for some people.
    Flash Gordon, Nov 1, 2004