    --
    CiPh3rT3kSt
    MCSE: Security 2003, CCNA, Security+
    CiPh3rT3kSt, Apr 3, 2008

  2. CiPh3rT3kSt

    Norman Yuan Guest

    What IDE do you use to write your C# code? VisualStudio, or NotePad? What
    you are forgetting is to do a simple debugging run.

    It is very likely the data access code is in the *.cs file (a class file in
    the same ASP.NET project, or in a seperate class library project?). So, find
    the method( of the class) that execute the database query and returns the
    dataset. Then, set break point and run the debuging. YOu should be able to
    EASILY find out if the required data is retrieved. From that point on, you
    would know where the problem would be: on the data retrieving side, or on
    the data displaying side....

    Norman Yuan, Apr 3, 2008

  3. CiPh3rT3kSt

    CiPh3rT3kSt Guest

    I use Visual Studio, I have opened the .cs file and setup a breakpoint but
    Start Debugging under the Debug menu is grayed out. Is there any other way to
    find out where i'm going wrong?

    By now i'm confused but I desperatly need to figure this out, any help will
    be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!

    CiPh3rT3kSt, Apr 3, 2008