urgent opening for J2EE Architect position with direct client in BayArea

prachi

Hi ,

We have an urgent opening for a J2EE Architect with our direct client
in San Francisco. This will be a contract for 6months.Please let me
know if you have anyone.
Please send us resumes with asking rate. We prefer local candidates to
Bay Area.

Skills:

Server Engineering, JAVA, OOD, JSP, Struts, Tomcat, C, C++, Linux,
Windows

Job description:

We are a venture-backed technology start-up that provides dynamic,
targeted ad insertion software for major media publishers delivering
video and audio to disconnected devices. Based in San Francisco, We
offer an amazing ground floor opportunity to join an exciting start-up
in the rich media advertising space.

We are building a well-rounded engineering team that uses agile
development methods to deliver high value, high quality products to
market in short, iterative cycles. Members of our team must be
disciplined software engineers with the ability to communicate very
effectively in a cross-functional group, and possess a strong testing
mentality. We use practices like test driven development, continuous
integration, and pair programming. We build systems that are elegant
in their simplicity, inherently scalable, and focused on delivering
value optimally. We are a small team that works efficiently to get a
lot done.

This is a very senior technical position in our engineering
organization. You will elevate the level of the people around you, and
you will provide thought leadership on system architecture and design.
You have a broad software development background and the experience to
make informed decisions about technical direction.

What You Will Do:

* Lead the software design effort on major new system features and
components

* Write software that leverages your expertise in highly scalable and
performant server systems

* Coordinate the interaction of and interfaces between components in
all layers of the system architecture

* Mentor other members of the team on system architecture and design

What 's Required:

* B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science and 10+ years experience in
software development - or equivalent talent

* Expert Java skills and object-oriented design experience

* Expert in the design and development of distributed systems and
hosted applications

* Experience building Java web applications using Servlets/JSP,
Struts, and Tomcat

* Experience developing software in C/C++

* Strong experience with source code control systems like CVS and
Subversion

* Software development under Linux and Windows

* Experience with Spring and Hibernate

* Experience with Apache-Jakarta tools and libraries

* Experience with agile development processes such as XP or Scrum

Also Desired:

* Experience developing Apache modules

* Experience with database design and SQL, PostgresSQL is a plus

* Experience with video/audio codecs

How You Think:

* You are agile, adaptable, and like to be involved in a variety of
technologies

* You favor simplicity over **elegance**

* You like to test as you go

* You prefer incremental development over the big bang

Thanks ,
Prachi Pandey
Technical Recruiter
Zenex Partners Inc