urgent opening for SQL Server DBA in sausilito,CA contract for6months+

Discussion in 'Java' started by prachi, Jun 5, 2008.

  1. prachi

    prachi Guest

    Hi,
    We are looking for Database Administrator for our direct client in
    Sausalito, CA.
    This is a 6months contract and will be extended further. If interested
    please send your updated resume along with asking rate and current
    location.

    Job Overview

    We are looking for a veteran Database Engineer. You will have full
    ownership of our SQL Server database infrastructure. You must be an
    excellent DB engineer and ideally, have a foundation in DBA
    responsibilities. You will work in a small, collaborative team of
    seasoned engineers and business personnel. We’re looking for a SQL
    Server guru that has experience building high-volume, high-performance
    databases.
    REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
    • You thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, you can change
    direction quickly, and you're eager to learn new skills as the need
    arises.
    • You have experience owning the data model and database architecture,
    creating a high-performance, reliable and scalable solution.
    • You are an expert at developing and testing all database code such
    as stored procedures and functions, specifically:
    o Strong understanding of T-SQL
    o Strength in set-based algorithms and high-performance query design
    o Strong understanding of using SQL Server query plan optimizer,
    profiler and other tools.
    • You are comfortable managing all test and production database
    servers, including core DBA responsibilities.
    • You can lead the engineering team on database design and
    implementation.
    • You have deep knowledge of managing the physical data storage as
    well as backup and recovery solutions.
    • You understand best practices for database configuration management
    and security procedures.
    • You can be available for off-hours production support.
    • Aspects of our technology include:
    o Clustered SQL Server
    o Real-time aggregated reporting information available to customers
    o SQL Server full text search
    o Integrate with a Java application via an object-relational mapping
    solution (Hibernate)

    Please send resumes to

    prachi, Jun 5, 2008