urgent opening for VB, SQL Server developer with direct client in NY

Discussion in 'Java' started by prachi, Jun 4, 2008.

  1. prachi

    prachi Guest

    Hi,
    We have an urgent opening for financial application programmer -VB,
    SQL Server with our direct client in Manhatten, New York. This is a
    contract for 6months to start with.

    If interested Please send me your resume with your contact details,
    current location and asking rate.

    Below is the Job Description:

    Job description:

    Description
    -We're seeking an experienced (4+ years) full-time contractor to
    develop and eventually maintain an internal financial application.

    -You will be the lead developer on an application designed to
    efficiently deliver and manage information within the organization.
    You will be responsible for all aspects of the project - from
    gathering requirements through design, development, testing and
    maintenance.

    -You will manage the project in tandem with a former software engineer
    in accordance with the department's desired functionality. Initial
    work has begun on this application, but modification to the
    application design and infrastructure is necessary and additional
    functional enhancements are required.

    -The project requires significant experience programming in VB /
    Excel, working with SQL databases, and integrating systems. An
    understanding of statistics and experience developing financial
    applications are strongly preferred.

    Requirements
    -Experience working with end-users and designing, developing,
    integrating and testing applications from start to finish

    -Experience developing applications with Visual Basic and Excel

    -Experience designing and implementing SQL databases; Ability to write
    complex SQL queries; MS SQL Server experience preferred

    -Familiarity with object oriented techniques and design patterns

    -Knowledge of statistics and mathematics is strongly preferred

    -At least 4 four years of programming experience with education in the
    Computer Science area; BS preferred
    -Financial application development and knowledge of concepts are
    strongly preferred
    -Programmer with propensity to develop applications quickly and
    creatively sought. Disciplined and forward thinking in development and
    design.
    -Excellent communication skills, highly motivated, self-starter.
    Please include cumulative GPA on resume.

    Please send resumes to

    Thanks ,
    Prachi Pandey
    Technical Recruiter